Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Article in Forbes magazine!

Tue, Sep 11 2012 12:09 PM (47 replies)
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 5:39 PM

WGT’s developers then simulate the physical properties of the course’s terrain, hazards and environmental peculiarities in a six-month post-production process. The result is a course that plays to an accuracy of 1 inch off the real thing.

lol.....who's dreaming

actually....I wonder how much they paid Forbes for this article / advert

tbe

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 5:40 PM

thebigeasy707:
    I would say the reason they are making so much effing profit

I'm sorry, I missed in the article where they quoted profit. It actually reads like it is a total of 40-50 million over the life of the game. It is very vague.  

None of us are privy to the numbers in play here.

You remind me of a student when I was back in school. The teacher was talking about why he shut down his business. It had 3 million a year in revenue. The student could not grasp the fact that it does not matter how much money you bring in, if it cost one penny more to operate the business you are in the red.

I am not saying WGT is in the red. I don't know.

What I do see is a company that is trying to make the game better.

You *** and moan about the unfairness of it, and how you are being ripped off and played with.

If it is that bad TBE, take your tinfoil hat and go.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 5:44 PM

Soulcatcher:

You *** and moan about the unfairness of it, and how you are being ripped off and played with.

If it is that bad TBE, take your tinfoil hat and go.

mate......I hear WGT are going into hospital for surgery to have you removed from their a$$.

and in case you're too blind.....there's a ton of other players complaining.....or are you another one who cherry picks what they read?

don't even try to lecture me in business economics because you will fail. every business is in business to make a profit, but there's good business ethics and bad business ethics. wgt's business ethics are borderline and that's putting it mildly.

and take your tin foil hat and ram that up yer crease.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 5:50 PM

hyena64:

LMAO  So glad you're here sir. A voice of sanity amid the insane ranting of the masses.  And you know by the time you are almost at 98, they will move the mosquito netting to lvl 100, so you have to buy choco boost or get west nile or malaria.

that Forbes article just makes me rage.

drivers can cost $2....set of clubs can cost $14.......no mention of the balls at $5 which is without doubt the one thing that gives WGT the majority of it's income from players......nor the 20% rake in RG's etc.

even the stuff chosen to go in that article has been cherry picked.

@SoulCatcher.....I like this game a lot....I'd like it a lot more if they were fairer with us and showed us a tad more transparency.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 5:54 PM

thebigeasy707:

mate......I hear WGT are going into hospital for surgery to have you removed from their a$.

and in case you're too blind.....there's a ton of other players complaining.....or are you another one who cherry picks what they read?

don't even try to lecture me in business economics because you will fail. every business is in business to make a profit, but there's good business ethics and bad business ethics. wgt's business ethics are borderline and that's putting it mildly.

and take your tin foil hat and ram that up yer crease.

Yes many others complain. Some with reason, most with none.

Are there things that need to be fixed on this game? Of course.

I ask you this. How many of your 3000+ posts could be considered helpful or even mildly construed as constructive?

It is the difference between being part of the solution and being one of the squalling masses

Happy hitting

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 6:00 PM

Soulcatcher:

I ask you this. How many of your 3000+ posts could be considered helpful or even mildly construed as constructive?

who actually gives a flying toss?

i know I could care less.

how many of your 1850 posts could be considered helpful or even mildly construed as constructive?

and how many could be seen as just being the usual .......

keep going dude....but save me the lectures.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 6:14 PM

thebigeasy707:

how many of your 1850 posts could be considered helpful or even mildly construed as constructive?

and how many could be seen as just being the usual brown nosed

No lectures here.  Just observations.

VIdeo card deal

New gaming mouse

pc or laptop

Clean your heatsink  (I really like this one)

I could go on, but you get the idea.  How about you TBE?

Happy hitting

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 6:18 PM

Soulcatcher:

thebigeasy707:

and how many could be seen as just being the usual brown nosed

No lectures here.  Just observations.

VIdeo card deal

New gaming mouse

pc or laptop

Clean your heatsink  (I really like this one)

I could go on, but you get the idea.  How about you TBE?

Happy hitting

take them and ram them alongside your tin foil hat :)

actually.....the heat sink one I must admit I really liked that one too.....just for the photos and the effort you put into it.

ok....flame over..it's all good.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 6:19 PM

hyena, tyvm for the kind words...glad you're here, too!  On another note...

...I have a lot of respect for tbe.  He's a great player but more than that, a literate and well-spoken man whose opinions are always backed by evidence (the only kind of opinion worth having, btw) and whose wry sense of humor and awareness of the absurd never fail to shed light on the topic at hand.

p.s.  In reality I'm only trying to butter him up to convince him to invest his considerable fortune in a project I've got on the drawing board, a glider fuel refinery.

RSS