Forums

Help › Forums

This game is becoming a joke

Wed, Sep 20 2017 9:08 PM (441 replies)
  • ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Fri, Sep 13 2013 9:14 AM

Courteney, if I was into collecting friends, you would be somebody I would invite.

• Kalliste
    1,414 Posts
    Fri, Sep 13 2013 5:23 PM

courteneyfish:

Kalliste:

Try this method.....the ding area is lighter blue with vertical line in the middle of it ...yes?

Before that ding area is a darker blue area....TRY and click on the vertical line that seperates the darker blue area from the lighter blue area...at the beginning of the `ding` area.

With practice you will be able to hit that line as often as your normal `ding` line. The beauty of hitting this FIRST line is that your flop-shot will go straight and you will now not need to move your `aimer`  that 5 to 8 degrees to the left.

That's ok as a rough guide but it can't work the same for a 6 foot flop as for a 20 foot flop. I find it better to move the marker to the distance required and then ding if on flat ground or slightly right or left to allow for a slope.

Yes Courteney...a rough guide only (I failed to say)....but once he gets used to that 1st line it is a matter of touch and feel and as you say a flop of 6 feet or so then by all means ding it with a slight movement of `aimer` allowing for the break. I also did not mention that I use full backspin on the majority of my flop-shots. Just a `feel thing` that one gets used to after playing many games.

As you expertly say ...a rough guide.....that was all I was saying, for him to try it, then he has an alternative and he can then work out which best suits him for the flop-shot over varying distances.

Listee   x

• kenneydavis
    109 Posts
    Sat, Sep 14 2013 4:51 AM

And allthat in one breath,Poor keyboard...

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Sat, Sep 14 2013 11:09 AM

kenneydavis:

And allthat in one breath,Poor keyboard...

I think that is a referral to the initial post.

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2013 10:52 AM

It is spilling over to the surveys now.

Are you a fan of the NY Giants?

Are you a fan of the NY Jets?

Are you a fan of both the NY Giants and the NY Jets?

You had to answer it and there are no other options. How stupid is that?

(If I was a Giants fan, I wouldn't admit it this year.)

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2013 10:32 AM

That's it! No more buying expensive balls. New sleeve, first two suspiciously go in the water. I sent the last one in the drink on purpose. Almost landed on fairway. Figures.

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Thu, Oct 31 2013 2:14 PM

New ball, second shot, water. Easy come, easy go; it's all a joke anyway.

RSS