Forums

Help › Forums

Some people are really pathetic.

Thu, Oct 11 2012 11:37 AM (33 replies)
  • bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Mon, Oct 8 2012 5:25 PM

If I decide to come back as a young lady, will I need to change my pic???

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Mon, Oct 8 2012 5:51 PM

bubbadork:

If I decide to come back as a young lady, will I need to change my pic???

NO make sure to keep your same friends too LOL

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2012 2:53 AM

renniw52:
    if your a Legend, and cannot accept defeat

legend defined, an amatuer who bought better clubs, and became a pro, who bought better clubs and became a tour pro, who bought better clubs and ball and became a tour pro, who bought better clubs, ball and putter, and became a master, who bought better clubs, better ball and better putter and became a tour master, who then bought the ultimate in equipment and became a legend, but if you would take all the equipment away would then become a amatuer again. LOL

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2012 5:59 AM

Heals has several valid points. G and I are friends, have played together many times. That is why I said, I chose the Master expecting to get it handed to us. Our win/loss record is dismal to say the least. I was not looking for an advantage with my partners shorter tees. History has proven this is not an advantage, when playing against accomplished Legends. I was just disappointed with the comments. I never hinted as to who was making the comments. I can understand your side of the story Heals, the remarks just created a less than pleasant game. No bad feelings on my part.

• jimoldfart
    131 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2012 6:17 AM

I can't speak to what happened in this particular match, as I wasn't involved. But as to healsinau I've played several AS games with her and she always is a lot of fun and a pleasure to play with! There is always two sides to every story. Like I said I don't know what happened, but based on my experience I'm on healsinau's side if she was rude she had a reason. Oh and by the way she lost our last match lol.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2012 8:30 AM

Awww...Renni picked Gsoup...now I can see why the other team may have been upset...he's a ringer for sure;)

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2012 10:55 AM

MBaggese:

Awww...Renni picked Gsoup...now I can see why the other team may have been upset...he's a ringer for sure;)

Just ask YJ   lol........Andy

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2012 11:18 AM

alcaucin:
    what I'd like to know is can we not name anyone for whatever reason or we just can't name suspected 'multies'or 'baggers' ??

Hey Alcaucin, good question - one that will be very clearly defined in the near future when I roll out the Forum Posting Guidelines (release tba)

We do not allow players to mention another players' name with the intention of shaming them. This is a judgement call, and although it's usually very obvious, our moderators will judge whether or not moderation is needed.

This goes for any "coded" messaging that might direct players to where they can find the name of the player they are mentioning.

I'm glad everything was sorted out in the open, let's keep this thread moving in the positive direction it has taken.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• SammyFisher
    77 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2012 11:36 AM

You know the old saying... He's a Legend in his own mind. 

:-))

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2012 12:31 PM

How effective will WGT judgement be?  I realize that an IP address is not a really significant factor.  There might be many people playing from one IP address.

I also realize that there might be a really good player who joins the site and moves up rapidly.

That's all OK.  A top-notch player will move up according to his or her skill, and his or her level might reasonably lag behind.

One or two valuable wins might be credited to hot rounds, which we all have (along with our cold rounds).  Repeated wins with sub-30 rounds by a player with a 65 or 70 average on non-dollar plays should draw some additional attention.

I realize that there is a lot going on.  Programmers are apparently introducing variables without informing those designated to deal with the players.  Bugs are being fixed with solutions that are even more detrimental.  Stuff of that ilk.

Despite short term increments in income, these are probably not the actions that will result in longer term survivability of the game.  I, personally, have hit a limit.  I keep coming in and looking (I loved the game), but I don't much want to play, anymore.  I'm not spending money, which I was.  It's your call, not mine.

RSS