Forums

Help › Forums

Do you play the guitar? GIVE UP!!!!

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 2 2013 4:45 PM (21 replies)
  • BogeyOne
    1,987 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 12:40 PM

This is the guitar solo from a live performance of "I Shot the Sheriff." Note how simple it starts and how it steadily gets more and more and more involved. If you haven't seen Clapton perform live, well. . .

Now grab your popcorn and await the inevitable replies stating, "Yeah, but so and so is (was) better."  Funny though, most all of the guys that will be brought up are either dead or through and if still going, will never make the contribution to the music world that Mr. Clapton has.  Eric has new album coming out in the spring with an accompanying world tour. Trust me, although he is in his sixties, he still has the goods.  

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 2:22 PM

One can not dispute the man is a living legend who has played with most of the legends of our times ( 50's on up). How cool is that ? He's had his rough patches( who hasn't ?) but that was life, not his music. I think this still says it best,

Doc:)

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 2:33 PM

Now THAT was awesome!!!  Thanks for sharing it!! 

• mgbirish
    4,019 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 3:00 PM

Saw EC last year, live with Roger Daltrey, what a show, and yes, EC still has it, thank for sharing!

mgb

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 3:45 PM

I been listenin to Clapton, longer than Clapton has. lol just kiddin he rocks.

I'm not giving up my axe. The crossroads solo was food for my chops in my early teens.

So I too tip my hat & bow down to the man with the rock&roll heart.

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 6:51 PM

Clapton is incredible. He's one of the very few guitarists with a style truly his own. The stuff he did with BB King and with JJ Cale is some of my very favorite music. But, please do not try to take anything away from others who were just as talented, but played a different style. Jimi is not Carlos, Carlos is not Eric, Eric is not Pete, Pete is not Jimi... but they were (are) all very talented at their craft.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 7:21 PM

Sure...Slowhand's good.....a legend some might say but it really all depends what style of playing you like. I was never really a Clapton fan...but I still recognise his talent.

Here's another few talented guitarists.

Haruka...a 10 yr old girl :)

Monty Montgomery

& Special mention to Randy Rhodes R.I.P (He was another very talented & creative guitarist who'd really only started out on his career when his life was cut short)

• SilentOmegaWolf
    349 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 9:21 PM

Let's go back to the good ol' days long before I was born...I'm only 20 lol but I respect the classics.

• SilentOmegaWolf
    349 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 9:29 PM

And this one kills your hands just watching it!

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 5:19 PM

RSS