Forums

Help › Forums

a persistent un-'friend'

Tue, Dec 18 2012 8:04 AM (30 replies)
  • Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2012 8:54 AM

emmieking:

... Due to some inappropriate suggestions from a player ...

Unfortunate to know things like this happening in this site.  I know WGT representatives do a great job on keeping this community as "classy" as possible.  If your problem still remains I would suggest you go to the PRO SHOP and try to get any of these two products ... they really helped me on situations like that ... and I hope you have a good laugh ;)

We are supposed to be a FRIENDLY community of golfers (some real golfers too) ... Cheers everyone !

• jeffc46221
    621 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2012 9:30 AM

not trying to deter from the OP problem but your pictures always give me a good laugh.

• emmieking
    13 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2012 3:27 AM

hello, wgticon,

please re-send friend request .....I deleted it because i didn't  recognise yr name,  lol

sorry about that :)

emmie

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2012 11:52 AM

AlexaF:

Great thread...I have always wondered what you could do with people that consistently invite you even after you have declined them or were very inappropriate. Thanks for posting your question in the forums.

Without trying to defend the pervert(s), or asking if that picture is you or just some picture, I am sure of one thing.... with some picture of your dog, car, a tree or whatever what you probably wouldn't experience this continuous inviting. Some different text on your profile to go along with that picture-change could help as well. You just come across rather inviting, if I may be so free to remark that.

Are you here to possibly meet a partner ? Keep the picture and deal with them strange guys through the proper channels (make screenshots and turn 'm in) and just move on.

Are you here to play the game and have some fun ? Change the picture for that of your fat neighbor (just kidding, but you get the point).

I agree it's a bit of a shame and maybe a bit rude to put it like I did, but the world is as it is, nothing we can change about that I'm afraid. That is exactly what makes me choose to be anonymous. No pictures of me and no real names.

Enjoy the game.

R.

• tdexpress
    76 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2012 4:46 PM

Here's Johnny!

• AlexaF
    248 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 1:11 AM

Rockitch:

Without trying to defend the pervert(s), or asking if that picture is you or just some picture, I am sure of one thing.... with some picture of your dog, car, a tree or whatever what you probably wouldn't experience this continuous inviting. Some different text on your profile to go along with that picture-change could help as well. You just come across rather inviting, if I may be so free to remark that.

Are you here to possibly meet a partner ? Keep the picture and deal with them strange guys through the proper channels (make screenshots and turn 'm in) and just move on.

Are you here to play the game and have some fun ? Change the picture for that of your fat neighbor (just kidding, but you get the point).

I agree it's a bit of a shame and maybe a bit rude to put it like I did, but the world is as it is, nothing we can change about that I'm afraid. That is exactly what makes me choose to be anonymous. No pictures of me and no real names.

Enjoy the game.

R.

Why should I have to change my picture? Nothing about my photo is suggestive, I am not one of these girls posting bikini shots or risque photos.  Having a personal picture does not justify someone being rude or a troll.

Nothing in my text is inviting. My message says I don't just accept friends. My posts are nothing suggestive, I am not one of these WGT people begging for equipment in exchange for a match.

No I am not here to meet a partner, I am here to play WGT golf.

I disagree with your post.  I don't think I should have to change who I am.

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 1:45 AM

AlexaF:
    Having a personal picture does not justify someone being rude or a troll.

AlexaF:
    I don't think I should have to change who I am.

I fully agree with you on both.

Surely you have the right to disagree with my post and I can imagine in general that people feel they don't need to change anything if they haven't done anything wrong.

I said what I said out of a guys perspective. You may argue you don't come across too inviting, or that other people are being even more inviting.... If I were on the market you might have had a game invite already.

If you are here just to play WGT golf, why do people need to know you are a good looking young women ? For what purpose do you need your picture to be there ?

Remember, for some guys a bit of cleavage under a pretty and friendly face is enough to get their head spinning. That's just how it is, whether you agree with that or not.

R.

• Kelsey12
    2,114 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 7:10 AM

Rockitch:

If you are here just to play WGT golf, why do people need to know you are a good looking young women ? For what purpose do you need your picture to be there ?

Remember, for some guys a bit of cleavage under a pretty and friendly face is enough to get their head spinning. That's just how it is, whether you agree with that or not.

I'm not understanding your reasoning here Rock - attractive people shouldn't post pictures of themselves on their profile? Because it invites rude behavior?

The purpose of the spot for the profile picture is typically for users to post pictures of themselves... because we live in a society where we care more about what the person we're playing against looks like than the content of their character.

While I agree that, albeit unfortunate, this happens all to often, deal with it shouldn't have to be the most accepted resolution.

Kelsey

• senec
    252 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 7:34 AM

My daughter plays golf on this site,first she had put a picture of herself and she was tired of having to answer to many questions that had nothing to do with golf"how old are you?"Are you single?"Where do you live?"etc...She decided to change the picture and put a picture of her and her boy friend and people stopped being so nosy.There are a lot of lonely men out there.....Sad.

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Sun, Dec 16 2012 11:01 AM

A point proven. And again, I can't repeat myself enough, I don't justify anything, I just paint a picture of what the world looks like (according to me at least). Don't shoot the messenger.

Kelsey12:
    I'm not understanding your reasoning here Rock - attractive people shouldn't post pictures of themselves on their profile? Because it invites rude behavior?
    If they are bothered by people "stalking" them, yes, they could remove their picture to solve the problem. Again, remember, some guys need very little provocation. And again, again, I don't justify it. I just analyze how things work.

Who gets harassed earlier, the good looking young women or the ugly fat ....

I know the answer to that question. Do I think that's ok or agree with harassment in any way ? No i don't, but that doesn't change the facts.

Girls, grow up, it's an angry world out there and there are jerks everywhere, even on wgt.

R.

RSS