Wed, Sep 15 2010 11:20 AM (60 replies)
  • magicmark
    14 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 5:50 AM
    I would also like to see sawgrass or pinehurst
  • tiboyd
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 5:51 PM

Are we all forgetting a jewel on the west coast. Pebble Beach is not an easy course to play from the tips! But breath taking.

• PaulKeating
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2010 1:19 AM

I would like to see Kauri Cliffs from New Zealand. Who over searches this course and has a look will agree with me.

• Pettingzoo
    6 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2010 9:44 PM

Pebble Beach or the Blue Monster in Fl

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 4:07 PM

TarheelsRule:

Pinehurst #2 would be great as would all the US Open courses from the last 15 years.  Winged Foot and Shinnecock are on my list as the other top 2 open courses.  TPC at Sawgrass would be nice even though it is on every golf game.  I would also like to see the WGT stretch back the tees at Kiawah and make that one tough.

Some fine courses you picked there. And maybe Brookline Country Club site of the 1963 U.S. Open. Won by Julius Boros in a 3 way play-off with Arnold Palmer and Jacky Cupit with a score of + 9 293 the highest winning score in a US Open since after world war 2. So it must be a extremely difficult course or was setup by the USGA to be very difficult.

• UKCats
    165 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 8:33 PM

I want to see a par 72. I like playing par 5's. The chance at an eagle is so much fun. Kiawah is the only course with 4 par 5's.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Jul 11 2010 2:49 AM

UKCats:

I want to see a par 72. I like playing par 5's. The chance at an eagle is so much fun. Kiawah is the only course with 4 par 5's.

Hey UK.. Kiawah and StAndies are par 72.  Oakmont and BPB are both 70s.

When the number of 5s equal the number of 3s you're going to get a 72.  (Average out to 4 - 18*4=72.)  

Oakmont and BPB both have 2 3s and 1 5 per side... thereby making them par 70s.

But I agree.... eagle chances are fun.. that's why I like StAndies...  Nothing like eagles on the par 4s.

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Sun, Jul 11 2010 4:40 AM

Snaike:
    But I agree.... eagle chances are fun.. that's why I like StAndies...  Nothing like eagles on the par 4s.

Yeah me too. I had 6 eagle putts @ St. Andrews yesterday. But sadly I missed them all and i even missed 2 of the birdie putts. But the eagles will come. Since making master and buying the Super Tri driver i am having more eagle chances from the master tees than I ever did from the pro tees with the Rapture driver. Most of the eagle I got at St. Andrews before were holed out approach shots. I Think I only made 3 eagles with my putter before. 

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Sun, Jul 11 2010 4:47 AM

Snaike:

Actually if they played BPB as it is setup for public play and not US Open conditions it would be par 71 with #7 being a par 5 making it a legitimate eagle hole.

• UKCats
    165 Posts
    Fri, Jul 16 2010 11:36 PM

Snaike:

UKCats:

Hey UK.. Kiawah and StAndies are par 72.  Oakmont and BPB are both 70s.

When the number of 5s equal the number of 3s you're going to get a 72.  (Average out to 4 - 18*4=72.)  

I know they both are. But St Andies has one par 5 a side but also an additional eagle hole on a par 4. Probably 9,10. I'm not a big fan of par 70's. I don't mind them but if I had to pick it would be par 72 with 4 par 5's and 4 par 3's.

RSS