Forums

Help › Forums

New Courses

Wed, Sep 15 2010 11:20 AM (60 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 2:52 PM

MarcGardiner:
    Every hole is stunning and played host to the best ever Ryder Cup in 1997.

It was a great Ryder Cup. The Europeans nailed it with that course by taking Tiger Woods' long drives out of the game. I played in many times in Links (no comparison to being there) and I totally agree. LOL-the problem might be the $ to pull it off.  :-)

• BRZ123
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jul 1 2010 1:21 PM

We need Colonial in Ft. Worth

-20 on tour could be like -31 for a full 18 by some of our players

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 8:17 AM

Personally wouldn't want a course people could shoot that low on BRZ. 

I think with what we have right now, 2 similar courses in bethpage and oak, st andrews old school style, Kiawah resort course style, time for a desert course.  My vote would be wolf creek or TPC scottsdale.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 8:54 AM

neildiamond11790:
    My vote would be wolf creek or TPC scottsdale.

TPC Scottsdale?  Really?  Pros at the Phx open shoot -15 to -25 regularly.  We in Phoenix consider that course too easy. Hell I broke 80 from the blues, its gotta be easy.

Either Troon North course would be a much better choice for a desert course IMO.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 9:09 AM

agreed andyson, troon north would be really nice and a better option over Scottsdale.

• overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 5:34 PM

What about the Couer d'Alene?

The 14th.  Sawgrass may say they have an island green but it's techically a peninsula.  THIS, is an island green :P.  Notice the ferry carrying the players to the dock.  This is a great hole that will generate lot's of revenue in lost balls provide a test for every player on WGT.  A drawback though is that the course as a whole however is relatively easy compared to the current one's on WGT.

I also 2nd anyone who wants sawgrass and/or pebble beach simply for the fact that sawgrass hosts the players championship and pebble beach had the US open this year.

• UKCats
    165 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 7:09 PM

I wouldn't mind a course being easy but in my opinion that will make it harder for people to place in the top 70 in tournaments. I don't think people will shoot -18's but, we already have 2 really hard courses, and 2 moderate courses. At least for me. Oakmont and Bethpage are tough, and KI and St. Andrew's aren't bad.

• prousy
    12 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 12:33 AM

Hi Neil. How about Whistling Straits as a new course? It looks quite hard to play. Will WGT actually add any new courses before hell freezes over?

Regards,

Prousy from Australia

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 7:10 AM

Prousy, Whistling Straits would probably work, they have played a PGA there in the past, not sure when its up again for the pros.  I think only courses that are going to be played on the tour or LPGA have a chance at making it to this game.

To answer your second question, I started here 12/29/2009.  In my short time here I have come across many seasoned experts who first started playing on much less then the 2 courses I have (BP and KIA).  Within 6 months of my start date, there were 4 full courses for stroke play.  Clearly we are heading in the right direction. 

You want more courses?  Convince everyone on your friends list, and all the rest of your real world friends to join and donate a couple of bucks.  Its pricey to add new courses.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 8:45 AM

la paz golf course in bolivia....hit your tee shots with a putter! you will also need an oxygen tank!

RSS