Forums

Help › Forums

New Courses

Wed, Sep 15 2010 11:20 AM (60 replies)
  • danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 2:13 AM

Heres a couple of courses that have a shot with USGA scheduling.

Merion, home of the 2013 US Open

Chambers Bay..I think its this years Senior us open host.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 8:09 AM

Danohi... Chambers Bay is host to the U.S. Amateur this August (U.S. Open in 2015).  The Senior Open is at Sahalee Country Club, also in Washington state.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 8:36 AM

Thanks Mocha! I should do a little research before I open my pie-hole.

With the US Open there  in 2015, CB should be a shoe in.

My friends call me DanO...bookum!(ok, well some of them.)

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 9:22 AM

Hi DanO... you're welcome.  But I can't see Charles Barkley winning the U.S. Open.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 2:48 PM

Doublemochaman:
    But I can't see Charles Barkley winning the U.S. Open.
    Going off on a tangent here... but DAAAYUMMMMM... did you see CB with his "one handed swing" on the American Century Classic?

Talk about embarrassing enough to put the damn sticks away forever!!!

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 3:32 PM

There's that Pine Valley everyone raves about who's never been there.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 12:51 PM

Given that my job is just killing me this year, a trip to a nice location is out of the question.  So, I know not going to happen, but I would love a really nice course on a tropical island somewhere that the photos just make me feel like I am there.

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 6:50 AM

neildiamond11790:

Given that my job is just killing me this year, a trip to a nice location is out of the question.  So, I know not going to happen, but I would love a really nice course on a tropical island somewhere that the photos just make me feel like I am there.

Just imagine the 18th at Kapaula Plantation being your 18th hole on your tropical island.

• alpinestar8
    2 Posts
    Tue, Aug 3 2010 1:23 PM

yeah these would be my pick too!!! hey and lets make the dam greens not hard as a rock dident know my lob wedge wood roll 30 feet after it hits the green... who ever made this game had a great concept but has never played these course's in real life.. i know the last time i played pine hurst when i use my pw it doesn't bounch off the green like you hit the cart path or a rock.. another game that is allmost there but not .......

• Fergytheprop
    1 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 12:38 AM
    I would like to see the major championship roster courses added, so we can get a sense of how it is for the real playes in the pinnacle of competition. In addition I would like to have Royal County Down added as it is one of the most beautiful and challenging courses in the world. Royal Portrush Dunluce Course would also make a good addition as it hosted the 1951 Open Championship, and would still be on the rota but for the troubles and a lack of tourist infastructure in the area. Wentworth and Sunningdale would also make challenging additions as they have both a rich history of championship golf. I know my courses have a UK bias but they are ones that I have first hand knowledge of.
RSS