Forums

Help › Forums

Avoiding Legend Status

Sat, Dec 8 2012 1:05 PM (91 replies)
  • SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 2:49 PM

I have just turned Legend, after sandbagging for a couple of weeks I made the move yesterday.

Canada15:
    I cant win ready go's, etc.  I just hope WGT doesnt put me as a legend

ReadyGo's when you are on the cusp of tiering up are EASY. the WGT VEM helps you to tier up.
    EG;  Yesterday i made a 12ft putt with a reasonable break, I intended to ding, i missed the ding, my avatar paused as if it were going to drop the ball on a putt on an 18th. The ball made its way in. I chuckled and whispered thank you VEM, this helped my  - 11 in a ReadyGo. In which I earned credits and levelled up to Legend.

I suggest to get close to legend - 61.08 ish.

Enter Tour Master RGs, you will have a very good chance of winning the Tourney and earning credits.

I waited till the right Tour Master ReadyGo was available, on a course I was better at than others. I wanted to earn something back on the move up. Maximise my VEM opportunity.

Steve2golf:
    There is no avoiding it now, you will be assimilated.

I've avoided it easily enough by not playing Matchplays against Legends or any stroke plays & Tournaments , sticking to Blitz and ALT.

Canada15:
    WGT makes a lot of money off ppl switching levels.  They notice the tee is further and purchase better equipment to suit this change.  I would not purchase better equipment.

Doing the survey or the offers can be a pain, but perseverance will pay off. Do 1 or 2 of them a day, and slowly you will earn the credits to buy the equipment needed to be competitive. Patience here.

Having said that, we have a Legend in our Club which still uses mostly Rapture clubs. He does consistently well against Legends with better equipment.

Canada15:
    Sorry to all of those I may have offended.  

Unfortunately EVERY SINGLE ONE of these forum threads will have folks that join just to nit pick and find fault with something you have said, ignore them, they fizzle away. Dont take it personally.

Canada15 - now that I have moved up to Legend,  i will say this, there is absolutely NOTHING to worry about. Yes your black tees are on average approx 25 - 40 yards further away, however you do have decent landing areas.  Some of the shortcuts around corners you may have been enjoying off the tee are now a sad memory.

Also your approach shots on many greens won't be quite as close. But your set of irons will still have the same swing speed and your existing knowledge wof those irons/ ball mix wont let you down.

I have had Club members who have  turned Legends and they whine and complain "oh well you try it off the back tees!" etc.

I now realise they were shining their ego's more than anything :)

Its not that bad a move, although scary when it approaches.

Be bold and go where now Candada15 has gone before! :)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 3:00 PM

Any one who sand bags so they don't move up to Legend, needs a good flogging. Stay where you are and believe you are somebody. You are not anybody. You are a little kid, trying to be a grown up. Believe what you may, but you are a sorry loser. Nothing more, and a hell of a lot less. My opinion only. Like an *** hole, everybody has one.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 3:08 PM

renniw52:
    Any one who sand bags so they don't move up to Legend, needs a good flogging.

Speaking for myself, I simply waited for the right ReadyGo.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 3:21 PM

SHRUDE:
    I have just turned Legend

Congratulations Shrude! Also a great objective post.

SHRUDE:
    i will say this, there is absolutely NOTHING to worry about.

So true, sure longer approach shots but you soon get used to that, and a lot of the drives are easier as it takes the risk of shortcuts out.

I am positive that with your stats you will have no problem adjusting to legend tees and the challenges you feared will not materialise

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 3:22 PM

You are an exception SHRUDE, was speaking of the thousands of others on here. I helped get a few to Legend who were laying back too long. Now they can play with a sense of pride. No harm meant.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Dec 5 2012 4:35 PM

SHRUDE:
    I have just turned Legend, after sandbagging for a couple of weeks I made the move yesterday.

LOL. I called it a credit grab, myself. I had to hold off getting to Legend long enough to stay eligible for the Ryder Cup at WGTLS a couple of years ago. An hour  after the last match and a few RGs later I went to SA back 9 and celebrated the new tier on the 19th hole.  :-D

SHRUDE:
    Also your approach shots on many greens won't be quite as close. But your set of irons will still have the same swing speed and your existing knowledge wof those irons/ ball mix wont let you down.

Learn the 3, 4 and 5 irons. Know them like you know your wedges.

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2012 8:57 AM

Yes the "1000 eagles" stuff etc. truly makes one question legitimacy? Impossible perhaps but neither do I understand how 'hacking' would accomplish it and wouldn't they have anti-hacking software since there is money involved? ;)

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2012 2:10 PM

I don't see the big deal. If I all of sudden moved up I would just continue playing. Life is not meant to be easy and given to you with out effort.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2012 12:07 AM

SHRUDE:

renniw52:
    Any one who sand bags so they don't move up to Legend, needs a good flogging.

Speaking for myself, I simply waited for the right ReadyGo.

He should have got flogged ages ago :) ......lol

Shrude also should got into the R/Go scene earlier than he did.

He has been on my friends list for quite awhile and I liked the way he did it on the road to Legend.

People might call him a Sandbagger, .... but he slowly got better learning the game before he knew he was ready to take that big step.

He played heaps of Alt Shot games with  Legends....  this helped him get the hang of the green speed and also the longer approach shots to the greens....  and also had the occasional laugh at us hitting shocking shots....lol

He took awhile, even I had a chuckle at some of the shots he played awhile ago (shhh, don't tell him that...lol)... but eventually turned into a very good player.

With the inclusion of Top Shelf Clubs that can go for Miles, not forgetting the Different Golf balls(something we didn't have in my  time) .. people are moving through the Tiers way too quick. Before you can blink, your nearly at Legend Status.

This can make things very difficult, as Legend Status, I think, Is the biggest step.

As Shrude has done....  Take your Time, Learn the Game and your clubs and the Promotion to Legend will be easier.....  Legend Status is not that bad! :)

-Roger

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2012 12:45 AM

My cat is a scratcher. He beats sandbaggers. We have the best time laughin' about it. Look out for him, trust me......I can't tell you where he's been or where he's goin'. Mr. von Hissinswat. Trust me, and take care.....

RSS