Forums

Help › Forums

WGT's greater contribution than just the game....

Tue, Dec 11 2012 12:46 AM (23 replies)
  • tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2012 12:03 PM

You know it is a hugely undervalued part of the great game that is WGT. What part of the game I hear you cry? It's the WGT community and the network of cyber friends we all build over time through playing the game.

Today I received some sad news from one of my first and therefore oldest friends on WGT. That man is none other than StrangeMagic. A man well known around the forums in years gone by, conspicuous by his absence in recent months.

Old SM was a beacon of light around here. Him, Andyson, Canine Supervisor, Mio and Lizzie brought a wacky sense of humour to most threads they contributed to. They were a welcome break from the usual regurgitated threads we've all read multiple times. Good clean fun that brought a smile to many faces.

As of today I was informed old SM wont be about either playing or contributing to the forums in future. The news deeply saddens me as I dearly love the man, his humour and his worldly wise advice. No more talking utter bollox on Skype, no more daft pictures, no more chasing after the charms of Miss Rossetti.....

Call me a sad old mofo if you like but sometimes you get to know and care for someone through the cyber world as much as you do for your old dog. I use that comparison quite deliberately as SM certainly is an old dog.....a very kind, funny and caring one at that.

I'll miss you big guy until that day I come running to you for $100.......

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2012 12:15 PM

I received the news today from Andyson. SM was one of my first friends on WGT, and to this day remains one of my best. I was one of the first to receive the news of his first born grand son and grand daughter. SM and I are more than just WGT friends, we discussed family, and our love for ours. I will not disclose the reason SM has left, it is not my position to do so. it is not life threatening, but is devastating none the less. I also love this man and his wit. I will truly miss him on here. WGT has lost a one in a million.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2012 12:25 PM

bump to both threads

gonna miss him 

except for the leotard pic

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2012 1:45 PM

What I can say cannot equal what remains to be said and whether said or no, nothing quite compares to what will remain always inside my heart.

Fare well Strange friend, and take with my thanks, what you keep of me for ever, and ever again.

Lizzie xx

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2012 2:25 PM

StrangeMagic:

LizzieRossetti:
    Modesty forbids that one ailed by malfeance should pretend to the very throne of shaming another to whom scopperloitery is fast abundant,and yet,and yet I see no clear way of resigning fate to the fetid quag of salacious play.

I didn't even know I scopperloitered you, especially fast and abundant like. At my age I can't scopperloiter as fast and abundant as I used to anyways!

I can explain everything Lizzie !

The very night before this philandled both of us in no small way was because I went out on the town with my brother StrangeTragic and he's the cause of all this fruit borne encumberances and whatnot!

You gotta remember I am your humble bee and you are my English Rose.

I enclose a recent picture of StrangeTragic so you'll know who the real culprit of this whole entire salacious play is:

And that guy ^^ ain't me ! I'm the good lookin brother !!

So I reckon we can just get back to scopperloitering and gamboling !

StrangeMagic

Oh, how those two went on. 

SM is one of my best and closest friends on WGT and it is a very sad day for me and a great loss for this community that StrangeMagic will no longer brighten this place with his wacky, wonderful humor. 

Gone are the PMs "Hey Andy!  I need a picture of me and StrangeLethargic in a submarine cuz we iz goin' after the Lady Jane!".  Honestly, what a pleasure it was, what fun it was to conspire with him on his adventures with  Lizzie.

And as tiffer pointed out, he is as caring as he is funny.  A truly wonderful, funny, caring person.

I love him and I miss him.

May God bless him and care for him in his latest ordeal.

Andy

• MioKontic
    4,646 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2012 2:41 PM

I too feel the need to add to this thread, albeit after moderation!  We had fun SM, and lots of it.  We didn't play that often, but when we did it was an absolute hoot.  As everyone has already pointed out, you will be sorely missed here for your wit and charm (charm for the ladies you understand!).  How many drive-ins did you actually go to???

Take care SM, and even if you won't be able to play, maybe you could still send a message now and again.

i feel maybe a WGT Weekly News Bulletin Special coming on, unless anyone picks up a WGT National Enquirer SM Special beforehand.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2012 2:47 PM

Wait, just wait!

You entered upon negacious conspiracy to further circupacious duggery whilst I was aflight 'pon the fair Sweet Jane?

So not just did I travail against tide, time but also men?

And this I never did know to what depth was my plight, and ne'er a jambomb jibjab to my rescue? I falter bright and burning but never has all my love flared if not for flight and adrenal rush had deep within yon chase, and seared my blood so blue that all arms were tipped with fingered fire with due cognant connivance could scarce revulse feline spit nor forfend that heaven and all the Earth would smoulder so, and still, yes still my fluttered heart, arrows fletched and aimed and all Englands Glory be behind me yet to venture swift the push, that foe wither foul.

Lizzie xx

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2012 2:55 PM

If only SM were here.............he'd know what to say......LOL

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2012 3:17 PM

well foundered as we find ourselves, we needs must venture on with sally and forth, volley and retort, sniping with deadly trajectiles, dodging swipes and jumping jousts.

Need I say more? No, but you know I will.

Lizzie xx

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2012 6:27 PM

SM stole my darn Lizzie dictionary 

RSS