Forums

Help › Forums

Why???

Mon, Jun 21 2010 3:40 PM (111 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 4:53 AM

SweetiePie:
    When there is a homicide, why do they do a chalkline around the victim? What? Like some homicide flatfoot is going to come and say "Yep, Bill did it"

They were deprived as kids. Their parents never bought them colored sidewalk chalk to play with.  :-D

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 5:56 AM

Why is it called homicide when it isn't a home that is killed?

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 6:29 AM

if im travelling on the M6 (interstate 40) in an open canoe and all four wheels fall off, how many pancakes does it take to lift a dog house?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 12:27 PM

Ah, a truly marvelous exercise in community thought.... and quite the refreshing entrant in our little forum box.

A sincere "Thank you" to all participants so far for making this little thread a much needed oasis in the cacophony of the mundane.

I have a "why?" for you to ponder, but sadly it cannot be produced as a witty and clever one-liner... 

Remember "The Adventures of Superman"?  (George Reeves, circa 1951)

The Man of Steel would face down any villain with a gun, standing his ground proudly, hands on hips, as each bullet would bounce off his chest and ricochet into the background, falling harmlessy to the floor.  Round after round after round, the evil thugs fire at our hero until their guns are as empty as their conscience.

The bad guys, realizing that they are out of ammunition, look at their guns in disbelief and then throw them at our hero.

Dozens, even hundreds, of rounds of ammunition haven't even scratched the fabric of his ensemble.

Yet, as soon as they throw the gun, he ducks. 

Why?

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 12:33 PM

thatcanadianguy:

Why is it when you play some practice rounds you always smoke the course but as soon as you go back to a ranked round you screw it up all the time.

I almost never play practice rounds because I'm always worried I'll shoot my best game ever in it, and then have nothing to show for it in my stats.  :)

Funny thing is, I'm the same way in RL.   When a hole is backed up and no one is behind us, my friends will always do a few practice putts or practice chipping, but I never do.   I figure I only have a handful of good shots in me, and don't want to waste them practicing, lol.

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2010 5:22 AM

Porky Walrus:

Why has America turned its back on the One who blessed it?

Why do people hate the name of the One who has saved them from their sin?

Why do foxes live dangerously as if they have all the time in the world to repent?

why bring religion in to an on line sporting game, not a good idea.

Why has WGT allowed such a violent and offensive profile picture.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2010 7:14 AM

Neither is bringing in your socially unaceptable way of life.YOU only think it's normal.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2010 9:48 AM

Why do they call them buildings, they are already built? And what's with the name 'apartments'..... they are so close together. . . . .

• acca
    78 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2010 3:04 PM

AlaCowboy:

thatcanadianguy:

Why is it when you play some practice rounds you always smoke the course but as soon as you go back to a ranked round you screw it up all the time.

Why is it that when you pour a cup of coffee over the sink the pot doesn't drip but it does when you pour it over the floor?

thats so true , ha ha ha  my wife and i just had a good laugh lol ..

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2010 4:19 PM

There are way more offensive pics here, I have seen some of the risque pics on profiles, how THOSE are allowed I wonder why.

Anyway, the act that is portrayed on my profile pic was done for all mankind. Whether or not fokes accept it, that is up to them,  because God has given all of us free will.

RSS