Forums

Help › Forums

Why???

Mon, Jun 21 2010 3:40 PM (111 replies)
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2010 8:59 AM

... and while we're at it let's include NO POLITICS!  You may shift a bit to the right on your backswing and to the left on your downswing, but keep it on the course.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2010 9:09 AM

griff, your presenting a one sided argument. You want it your way and that's it. There's nothing fair about that. Is it the content of porky's posts that is driving you to your decision to say absolutely no talk of Religion in the forums? I believe your on the wrong side of the argument griff.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2010 9:50 AM

griffygriff:
    subjects of this nature would be best left at the club house door,

Which happens to be where the 19th hole is which also happens to be this section of the forum.  ;-)

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2010 9:51 AM

no ones arguing here Richard, i am certainly not .i am sure you understand that there are better place's for religion and this is not one of them. I am not tell you to do anything i am marley requesting that you use some common sense.and realise that religion is a sensitive subject, how come you don't get that?.Please go ahead an preach the word and lets hope some of our Atheist, muslim,jews etc  members chip in with there beliefs so we have a well rounded discussion. 

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2010 9:56 AM

YankeeJim:
    What Would Jesus Do?

First of all he'd die for what he believes in just like his true followers.Yeah I'm one of those NUTS!!!

There is only one reson the truth is shut out...So lies can be told and accepted...

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2010 10:02 AM

griff, religion is only sensitive to the people who could careless about the message it sends, no matter what belief, or Religion anyone is part of.

I don't believe Porky was wanting to hold a sermon in the forums. He merely made a confession of his faith and some disagreed with it. It's all over now.

Religion will always offend someone, because they know what it's capable of doing in their life.

Enjoy your Father's day weekend.  : )

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2010 10:07 AM

Oops, not silent for this: I am a nut as well!

PS- Something for all naysayers to think about (wish I had thought about this earlier) would you rather believe in the Son of God, that He died for your sins, and go to heaven? Or not believe, and that just possibly you do not end up in eternal sleep, but end up in eternal damnation? I myself would rather believe than to take that chance.

Now THAT is my final say on this thread. Promise!

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2010 10:24 AM

seeing that were on the subject would all of you guys put your hands together and pray for England in the world cup. I am sure not just me but a whole nation would appreciate it and we can put the power of pray to the test. Now lets talk about something fun ..how about magic

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2010 10:35 AM

griffygriff:
    how about magic

No hard feelings here Griffy Griff...just having fun witcha...lol...

Yeah lets talk about magic,shall we...Do you think  the english based BP company selling American oil to Americans and taking the profit's back to Engalnd will ever MAGICALLY stop the oil leak or will they let it wipe out the American coast line before it is stopped???

Just asking...Oh by the way Hows Hayyard's YACTH fairing...Rich people kill me,I swear...They try to anyway

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2010 11:20 AM

griffygriff:

I am not saying, Greg, that you are not entitled to your own opinion but there  is no place for it on this site. It is not a platform to spread the word it is a golfing site. 

There are millions of people who think that adults with imaginary friends are silly. 

there are also 5 billion people who belive God exists

a man came to me after a seminar and said, `Actually, I'm an atheist. Because I don't believe in God, I don't believe in absolutes, so I recognize that I can't even be sure of reality.' I responded, `Then how do you know you're really here making this statement?' `Good point,' he replied. `What point?' I asked. The man looked at me, smiled, and said, `Maybe I should go home.' I stated, `Maybe it won't be there.' `Good point,' the man said. `What point?' I replied. - Ken Ham

RSS