SHRUDE:
    Whats with the fruit hanging in it?

its lime putting a lime in a Corona

lemon in wheat beer

that stuff is real good

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2012 1:49 PM

Ladies and gentleman. When you have to put fruit in your beer, it is time to set on the porch and have a glass of lemonade. Frankly, Scarlette, I don't give a damn about fruit in my beer. Now in Cabo, a little lime in a cold Modelo is great.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2012 2:16 PM

renniw52:
    When you have to put fruit in your beer, it is time to set on the porch and have a glass of lemonade

Agreed.

I heard that started in Mexico?

When the bottles were delivered they were in open vans/ trucks, if there was rain or humidity, it would seep under the cap.

Then stored in dry, indoor warehouse or hotels.

When the cap was pulled off, there was a layer of surface rust under the cap and lemon was the most affective at removing it and then discarded.

So, some yuppy visiting Mexico, didn't know this and brought the idea back to where ever.

Thats what i heard...

• BMF5
    81 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2012 11:32 PM

There is only one "King of Beers"!

• ButtPumper
    26 Posts
    Wed, Dec 26 2012 12:34 AM

SHRUDE:

ButtPumper:
    My favorite beer.

Whats with the fruit hanging in it?

Lemon.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Dec 26 2012 8:00 AM

I also drink one of Budweisers brands, good old Busch. This picture reminded of that, although there is no Busch in the picture. It is a great alternative when my Yuengling is not available. 

• Elknoxious
    1,123 Posts
    Wed, Dec 26 2012 12:00 PM

Ha ha very cool story Shrude!

While PBR is my go to when camping or fishing these are my favorite lounging brewskies. 

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Dec 26 2012 4:15 PM

Elknoxious:
    these are my favorite lounging brewskies. 

Love a good Porter!!

• Phaxda
    145 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2013 6:44 AM

Hate to see this thread die... 

Enjoyed this article from Slate on "rare beer" auctions, the "black market", and how beer is becoming more like wine in some respects. I'm not sure it's a good thing, but it is interesting. This was my favorite part: 

At New York’s Blind Tiger bar one late afternoon last March, a slight, unsmiling young man in a dark windbreaker ordered several pints of beer from the bar, transferred them one by one to a canteen, then slipped away. “He’s going straight home to resell that on eBay,” muttered a patron standing nearby. The perishable beer in question was brewed by Shaun Hill at Hill Farmstead brewery in Vermont, which is currently rated the sixth best brewery in the world by the users of RateBeer.

If you get a chance to try anything from Hill Farmstead, it IS really good but I wouldn't buy it on eBay!

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2013 7:37 AM

RSS