Wed, Jul 17 2013 1:48 PM (35 replies)
  • saulrose
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2010 8:14 PM

my meter bar is not controlable it skipps and jumps down the meter

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2010 9:42 AM

This should set your meter straight Saul.

The stuttering swing meter for most players is coming to it's demise. From new discoveries, to the new Adobe flash 10.1. I'm compiling a list of things that will make the swing meter perform for even the worst optimized computer.

It's crucial that we all keep-up with the things it takes to have a good meter. These things won't take care of themselves. It's been said that 90% of a poor meter is the fault of the members computer through misguided optimization. Conducting these simple computer tasks will ensure we all experience a great meter so the game remains enjoyable. Here is all the things we can do to ensure an enjoyable, playable experience at WGT.

1. Make sure you have cleared your browser and Adobe flash caches after every WGT product update. This will ensure you've got the proper updated files in your browser, making for a stable meter, and smooth physics in the game.

2. Make sure you have the right Adobe flash player for your computer. Members who use video cards will need to use version 10.1 and make sure they download the latest drivers for their application. The same goes for all computer user. Having the proper drivers will ensure the proper operation of your computers hardware. Members with integrated graphics on their computers should use version 10.0. Links to these places can be found on WGTniv's profile. When clearing your flash caches, long after a product update, members only need to clear all the unwanted web sites from the cache, making sure to leave the WGT web site. It's not necassary to clear your caches on a daily basis. You may experience slow load times as a result.  

Game options. Members can trim their poor quality meter out by simply turning off options with the game. One the best things to do is set the flash quality to medium, or low. Try turning off all the options and see if there is a difference in the swing meter. Also, bookmark the game window. This should be the only window open when you play the game. This will ensure a smooth meter.

3. Download Game Booster. This is a simple piece of software that is very user friendly and will close all the unwanted portions of Windows freeing-up much needed memory to help smooth out the meter. Most times members can free-up as much as 300MB of RAM, if not more. Simply Google Game Booster and follow the instructions.

4. Download Leatrix latency. This is a small file and will help with the transfer of information from the WGT servers to your computer. It's been proven to work for other applications as well.

WGT can only do so much to ensure a smooth swing meter. The members have some responsibility too to make sure their meter performs properly. The stuttering, and laggy swing meter some members experience is becoming better and better everyday as long as we all do our part to keep-up with the changing times the game is going through, along with the platform and technology the game is played on.  : )

• DaMasterDr
    30 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 11:18 PM

Why spend all the time and money for all these fluff games and awards and no fix the biggest complaint on the site? wow

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2011 2:31 PM

My real life work is PC Repairs etc....and today just as an experiment I tried a few holes on 15 clients' pc's that I'd upgraded. On 12 of them there was meter stutters, so I think it's fair to say not every one of these pc's that I'd just upgraded were at fault.

I also think it's fair to say that this problem is not going to be sorted out in the very near future...because to be honest I really don't think WGT gives a flying f*ck due to the revenue that gets generated by paid balls flying off into water or weeds and out of bounds. The meter shudder is a cash generator for WGT.

tbe

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2011 4:27 PM

thebigeasy707:
    ....and today just as an experiment I tried a few holes on 15 clients' pc's that I'd upgraded. On 12 of them there was meter stutters,

I'd like to buy one of the PCs that didn't stutter please.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2011 8:24 PM

tbe,

I applaud your tenacity, but being in the industry I can tell you that I personally couldn't fathom using a clients pc for testing wgt, lol. As innocent as it might have been, it just doesn't seem right - fwiw.

• Longwedge
    885 Posts
    Wed, Jan 26 2011 9:29 PM

andyson:

thebigeasy707:
    ....and today just as an experiment I tried a few holes on 15 clients' pc's that I'd upgraded. On 12 of them there was meter stutters,

I can see the purchas now

• BB Employee: Welcome to Best Buy, how may I help you
    • andyson: Yes I'd like to buy a new computer please
    • BB Employee: Great, what kind of computer would you like
    • andyson: The kind that doesn't stutter
    • BB Employee: OK then, stuttering PC's are to your right, and non-stuttering PC's are to your left
    • andyson: Thanks
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 7:45 AM

I like it LW!!  Sure would make it easier.  Or maybe a sticker on every PC?

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 9:37 AM

andyson:

I'll take the other two, one for me and one for Jake. I'll split the small fortune I know he'll pay....LOL

• WINPIRTLE
    20 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2011 6:16 PM

It sucks when you spend 250 credits on balls and the meter jumps on you ,the ball goes into the rough, and the computer decides its a lost ball.   I think if you are going to charge so much for balls you should eliminate lost balls.  All it does is piss people off.

RSS