• KeIIy
    25 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 11:24 AM

So here's my computer specs. 

Asus M4A79XTD EVO AMD 790X Socket AM3 Motherboard 

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Quad Core CPU 

4GB Corsair RAM 

Antec TPQ-850 TruePower Quattro 850W Power Supply

2X EVGA 01G-P3-1367-TR GeForce GTX 460 SE SuperClocked Video Cards running SLI

Windows 7 Ultimate

Antec 900 case with fans coming out my ****'ing ying yang...

Pretty sweet machine...I can run any game such as COD4 or Crysis 2 at full Jam. Every other browser based flash or java based game runs great too like Quake live, or Tiger Woods PGA tour online. So WTF is up with this particular game??? Who knows..

I've come up with a tweak which may only work for nvidia card users. Might be that Nvidia card users are the only people experiencing problems with their meter? It would be nice to add a poll.

Anyway...After applying this tweak my meter is smoother than a ducks *** going down at around 60fps. So if you have an nvidia based card in your machine try this..

1 - Open up your control panel

2 - Open up your nvidia control panel

3 - Click manage 3D settings

4 - Click program settings

5 - Add whatever browser you use to the list of programs. Then highlight under select a program to customize.

6 - Next scroll down the settings to Maximum pre-rendered frames. Set this to 0

7 - Scroll down to power management mode. Set this to prefer maximum performance

8 - This next step only applies if you have a chip with more than 1 core. Scroll down to  threaded optimization and set this to on.

9 - Click apply on the very bottom right of the page.

10 - Next you want to add your flash player plugin to the list of programs. My task manager calls it plugin-container.exe. I use mozilla firefox.

11 - Highlight plugin-container.exe in the list of programs to customize once added.

12 - Set maximum pre-rendered frames to 0

13 - Set power management mode to prefer maximum performance

14 - And again if you`re using a chip with more than 1 core set threaded optimization to on

15 - Click apply on very bottom right of page

16 - Restart your computer

Hope this helps some people.

• SWAMPFOX88
    56 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2011 11:38 AM

I  HEAR YOU !!!!!!!!

• dsaundry
    88 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2011 11:12 AM

Thanks for posting Kelly, will give it a try as soon as I get my home computer back.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2011 3:52 PM

Thanks Kelly, i tried this, but for some reason it doesnt show power management mode? I only got as far as maximum pre-rendered frames, and thats all i can see of what you wrote. Probably missing something here.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2011 4:26 PM

2-1,

When you open the 'Manage 3D Settings', it is listed further down the list than what is shown as per the default applet size. use the scroll bar at the right of that pane to see the rest of the options, they are listed alphabetically.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2011 2:09 AM

Cheers Van, I did that yesterday and it wasnt showing. Went in again today, and its there?

Regarding the Power management mode, when i click on this, it only has 1 setting=adaptive. It might have more tomorrow, lol. In all honesty, im no god at this stuff, just thought i would give it a try because the instructions here are simple enough. Thanks for the help folks, but i think i will pass on it this time, cheers.

• KeIIy
    25 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2011 10:36 AM

I think power management is important here. Think about it. Your about to take a shot. Your graphics card is looking at a still image. No clouds moving, water rushing, or birds flying by.. so the card probably gears down to save power.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2011 4:30 PM

t-o

They only show one (currently selected) option in that pane, UNTIL you click on them, then the drop-down panel opens up and shows you all of the available options.

ie - if you click the text that says 'Power management mode", the selection on the right showing the current selection ('adaptive') will show with a box around it. Select the down arrow at the right of that box to see the other options and select a different one

and....

if you select the text 'adaptive' directly, it automatically opens all of the available options.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Fri, Apr 22 2011 1:06 AM

Cheers Van, therein lies the problem. When i do what you say, and i open the dropdown menu beside Adaptive, it only has that 1 option. I might add here that i had mega problems with this Dell PC for a long time, and decided to kill the system. After re-booting the whole thing from scratch, i still get the odd strange goings on with it. To put it this way, im using a PC thats a few sandwiches short of a picnic, lol. Thanks again Folks.

• Asi777
    13 Posts
    Wed, Apr 27 2011 7:50 PM

just lost another match play due to meter....((been asking some of the fellow WGT players about when they lose match or alternate and it oddly seems to happen due to meter or inability to rejoin game))  i just played 9 great match... then meter shot way right, after  2  intense extra  holes...we had quite a match.... and thats how i lose credits.?   great.  we can watch people on the streets from space but cant get this meter right.??!  wow.  encouraging.  ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

RSS