Help › Forums

Lance Armstrong

Tue, Jul 9 2013 4:10 AM (52 replies)
  • YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2013 12:13 PM

saltiresfan:
    Possibly performance dehancing?

Only Folgers Freeze Dried Coffee & Haribo -- that I am aware of.
    I have been advised to not speak out anymore on thi subject - at this time - and whatnt

Sincerely, Yancy

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2013 12:50 PM

Makes you wonder who else was doping their blood....not just cyclists maybe?

A most sordid affair indeed!!

"The sordid details of his orgies stank under his very nostrils" (James Joyce).

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2013 1:55 PM

I liked what Mark McQuire said quote " I'm not taking anything illegal! I'm taking a supplement that anyone can buy at the GNC store."

Right,  That's how he turned from average mussel size to Massive in one year. With protein shakes.

So Berry Bonds sees this & hell, can you blame Bonds for being tempted to juice it when he see's McQuire break the HR record with his massive build?

On the other hand (i know the topic is Lance) I saw the kind of physical fitness program guys like Dustin Johnson go through to do what they do, hit a golf ball 450 yrds..Drug free $ a monster off the tee.

• Robby1313
    16 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2013 5:00 PM

I'd love to meet that little arrogant, freakin liar on the street. I'd Biotch Slap some of our feelings into his damn little brain. Sorry, let me tell you how I really feel :)  Lance is a POS, you figure it out. I cannot say anymore about the azzwipe.

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2013 7:53 PM

zagraniczniak:
    how far down the leaderboard will they have to go before they find someone who was not cheating?

Exactly. I would confidently bet any amount of money that the ratio of cheaters to 'clean' riders during Lance's run was at minimum 10:1. Everyone else was doing the same thing, and Lance was better on what was (and remains to be) regretably a level playing field. This is rampant in all high-level sports. The athletes and their trainers are always one step ahead of the system.

zagraniczniak:
    If somebody won tournaments by, for example, using a device to artificially ding the ball, how could they possibly enjoy such a bogus achievement?

But, what if everyone was using the autodinger? The winner would be the player who was best at judging wind, distance and break.... the best cheater.

• Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2013 9:12 PM

YancyCan:

I firmly state that I (Yancy) aint done never used any performance enhancing drug or any intoxicant while playing up here on the WGT.

Cereal.

Signed, My name is Yancy

You're certaintly on something brother!

Cheers

Doug

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Sat, Jan 19 2013 12:15 AM

GlassMan27:

zagraniczniak:
    how far down the leaderboard will they have to go before they find someone who was not cheating?

Exactly. I would confidently bet any amount of money that the ratio of cheaters to 'clean' riders during Lance's run was at minimum 10:1. Everyone else was doing the same thing, and Lance was better on what was (and remains to be) regretably a level playing field. This is rampant in all high-level sports. The athletes and their trainers are always one step ahead of the system.

zagraniczniak:
    If somebody won tournaments by, for example, using a device to artificially ding the ball, how could they possibly enjoy such a bogus achievement?

But, what if everyone was using the autodinger? The winner would be the player who was best at judging wind, distance and break.... the best cheater.

This is why I say that I don't really give a rat's ass that Lance doped.  Is it cheating?  Yes.  Is it wrong?  Yes.  But it doesn't give me the feelings that I have about Bonds and McGwire and the like.  It makes me very very angry that Hank Aaron and Roger Maris no longer hold the records they rightly should due to cheating.  I care a lot about the matter, and the sport with which it is associated.  But Cycling isn't a passion of mine, and I don't really care that Lance won 7 TdFs.  And even with the doping, for someone who had a 40% chance to live with testicular, lung, and brain cancer to attain the heights he attained is still remarkable.

I don't agree that is was a level playing field.  I believe there were riders that didn't dope.  I am not sure whether I believe that Greg Lemond raced clean.  He didn't win a single stage the year he won the Tour, and really got out after that, perhaps realizing that he'd never be able to win another without doping.  But I think all the top competitors did, and Lance's doping simply put him on a level with them.  Maybe a slightly better level, since he and his associates seemed to be very very good at it.

But Lance Armstrong is a despicable, fetid piece of fecal excrement because of the way he treated people.  Not just lying to them, but he trampled anyone that got in his way, many times backing up to retrample them over and over.  From the Lemonds to Floyd Landis (also a doper) and Tyler Hamilton (ditto) and the Andreus', he destroyed people who threatened to expose him.  He sued people he knew were telling the truth because he knew they couldn't afford to fight him after he had already ruined their reputations and potential income. 

I hope he can find redemption somehow, because I believe there are very few things in life that one can NOT earn forgiveness for.  But don't expect it from me.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sat, Jan 19 2013 4:15 AM

Apparently, Oprah asked Lance Armstrong if he'd do a blood test on the show.

Armstrong said he'd be happy too but he'd left most of his blood at home!

So Lance Armstrong was banned for cheating..

I bet the lying b`tard didn't really beat cancer either.(ouch)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sat, Jan 19 2013 8:40 AM

pjctas0822:
    WGT should add Dope to the Pro Shop for the Multi accounters LOLLOL.

Thought that was what all the "boosts" were.  lol

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Sat, Jan 19 2013 12:07 PM

The answer to the question "why didn't you cooperate with USADA at the time?" is actually "because I was liable to a perjury charge still". Significant that the statute of limitations for the SCA deposition expired on 31/12/2012.

RSS