Forums

Help › Forums

"THUD!"

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 29 2013 5:14 PM (25 replies)
  • xSweetCarolinex
    274 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 5:48 AM

This may be a silly question, but I would like to know why my current driver...the level 75 Nike flexloft has a sound like a dull thud when I tee off?

All other drivers I've used have a nice crisp "Whack!" sound.

Not complaining...I actually love the driver...just wondering why  lol

Caroline

• Rich1064
    739 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 7:12 AM

Maybe it's not the driver, maybe the powers that be have given you DUD balls to play with ;-)

You never know? 

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 10:28 AM

xSweetCarolinex:

This may be a silly question, but I would like to know why my current driver...the level 75 Nike flexloft has a sound like a dull thud when I tee off?

Caroline

Not silly at all, I prefer the "Whack!" sound as well. It's just a manufacturer preferred sound.  The Taylor Made drivers have the best sound imo.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 11:30 AM

xSweetCarolinex:

Caroline

You should be hearing the nice "whack!" sound with that driver. I've never heard of anything like this happening, so I'm not sure what to suggest.

If your other clubs don't sound right, you may try clearing your browser cache

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 11:52 AM

WGTpizza:

You should be hearing the nice "whack!" sound with that driver. I've never heard of anything like this happening, so I'm not sure what to suggest.

If your other clubs don't sound right, you may try clearing your browser cache

Pizza everyone who has bought and used the new Nike driver has said the same thing about the sound that it makes when it is hit, One guy said it sounded like he was hitting out of the rough,just a dull thud. 

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 12:13 PM

borntobesting:
    Pizza everyone who has bought and used the new Nike driver has said the same thing about the sound that it makes when it is hit, One guy said it sounded like he was hitting out of the rough,just a dull thud.

I see. Thank you, I will make sure WGT knows about this.

Stay classy,

-WGTPizza

• Lyrac
    177 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 12:25 PM

if its that new one that i thought meant you had a choice of three with in the same bag, it actualy says in the adblurt that wgt have made it sound like the real life one, its one of the reasons i hired it just so i could see what that sound was and yes, its a bit crummy as sounds go.

if i were wgt i would sell in the pro shop a box of whackerjacks which can be taped to the club and explode on impact with the ball just so you could get the regliar sound of a driver instead of the one of cow poo hitting concrete from 3 feet 9 inches

• Lyrac
    177 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 12:26 PM

solid cow poo, not that runny stuff, that would sound diffrent a lot

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 12:35 PM

Lyrac:

solid cow poo, not that runny stuff, that would sound diffrent a lot

the apple fritter ones....

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts