Help › Forums

"THUD!"

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 29 2013 5:14 PM (25 replies)
  • gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 1:32 PM

Lyrac:
    explode on impact with the ball just so you could get the regliar sound of a driver instead of the one of cow poo hitting concrete from 3 feet 9 inches

thats funny, lmao

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 5:17 PM

Back to the topic.

The different drivers have always had their own distinctive sound for as long as I can remember.  The TM's R9 to the present R11"s have always had the "Crack!' sound while the rest,  Ping, Rapture etc have had more of a "Dink!' sound.

If the sound has changed since you purchased it then there might be some kind of bug, I still don't think it's cache related.

• JackTaylor
    225 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 6:01 PM

They use the sound that the Nike driver actually makes. I believe this was noted when it came out that is why is sounds different. They use the actual sound of the driver. 

• bluzgolf
    1,076 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 6:24 PM

Could somebody save a replay with it, so we can hear what it sounds like please?

TIA

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 6:40 PM

From the WGT News release on the new driver:

16 Jan 2013

Golfers may also be interested in the real-world Nike Covert Driver. Last month, a few of us had a chance to hit the real driver, and it's pretty awesome. In fact, the new sound on WGT when you hit the virtual driver is the actual sound from us hitting the real driver, at the Presidio Golf Club driving range in San Francisco.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 7:21 PM

For those of you old enough and remember the sound of those persimmon drivers,

"CRACK" it would echo & man the sound of a well hit drive sounded awesome.

• walterjordan
    134 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 7:31 PM

I can't believe it took this long for someone to mention it.  Everytime I hear it,  I think that person just got metered. Give it a ROAR not a whimper....lol

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 7:39 PM

Lyrac:

solid cow poo, not that runny stuff, that would sound diffrent a lot

My nappy changing days were 30 years ago but they've just flashed before my eyes again..

I clearly remember however, that the former, (ie/solid), was waaay more preferable to the latter.

Thanks for sharing Lyra..Not :)

Ps. Play soon Boss!

• bluzgolf
    1,076 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 7:51 PM

Awesome sound!  My first metal wood had that sound too, which I thought was amazing.  Every other metal wood I heard before or since had that "dink" sound.

BubbaCrusher007:

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2013 9:39 PM

bluzgolf:

Awesome sound!  My first metal wood had that sound too, which I thought was amazing.  Every other metal wood I heard before or since had that "dink" sound.

BubbaCrusher007:

I still own a full set of ascushnut clubs to include a 5wood.  when I could play 40 years ago they reminded me of the M1 grenade launcher round being fired.  my nickle.

RSS