Tue, Jan 29 2013 5:14 PM (25 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2013 3:32 AM

Joshnosh:

maybe its a cobra in disguise they sound terrible

Huh? My Cobra sounds great.  

walterjordan:

I can't believe it took this long for someone to mention it.  Everytime I hear it,  I think that person just got metered. Give it a ROAR not a whimper....lol

It is not the first time. There were posts about how bad it sounded the same day it was released,

• xSweetCarolinex
    274 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2013 3:58 AM

Rich1064:

Maybe it's not the driver, maybe the powers that be have given you DUD balls to play with ;-)

You never know? 

Anyone else know what the heck he's talking about? Coz I sure don't!

The balls make no difference to the sound at all

Caroline

• Rich1064
    739 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2013 5:17 AM

xSweetCarolinex:
    The balls make no difference to the sound at all

If you have ever played real golf before you will know that the cheap 'n nasty balls usually handed out at driving ranges have a totally different sound to a nice Titleist, Calloway or Nike. There are solid balls, 2-piece, 3-piece and 4-piece balls, they don't all sound the same. Having a balata or a surlyn cover will give it a different sound too.

So.... I was just being jovial saying they may have put  Range Balls (DUDS) in your bag instead of the good ones...... understand now dear?

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2013 3:42 PM

Yeah it sounds like someone is hitting a wet sheep with a prosthetic.

• xSweetCarolinex
    274 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2013 4:49 PM

Rich1064:
    If you have ever played real golf before you will know that the cheap 'n nasty balls usually handed out at driving ranges have a totally different sound to a nice Titleist, Calloway or Nike. There are solid balls, 2-piece, 3-piece and 4-piece balls, they don't all sound the same. Having a balata or a surlyn cover will give it a different sound too.

Well beggin your pardon but, as I have never played real golf, I was obviously referring to the balls available on this game that all sound the same.

Do YOU understand now dear?

• walterjordan
    134 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2013 5:14 PM

I can't believe this is the first I've heard about it..

RSS