Forums

Help › Forums

Where Are The Top 25 Legends of Sept. 2011 Now?

Wed, Feb 27 2013 10:41 PM (20 replies)
  • EnglishRosey
    733 Posts
    Sun, Feb 24 2013 1:11 PM

Interesting read. But people just burn out of things, to play 1 game for 4 years is quite rare, i suspect. WGT life spun of a top player is probs is between 2-4 years and then in comes the new batch of top players...

As for the players on the list and why they are not playing as much, it is because things in life come and go and rarely have anything to do with WGT at all, though the nuances of the game are part of the reason for leaving ...

Bollie - has a new girlfriend

pricechs - work (might return this summer)

suncity - playing alot of real golf

jakestan- f82cking meter

pgabound- burn out WGT

ahudd- family issues 

win1soon- storm hit house

avlee- retired 

stonecoldkiller - new job

I believe top players will come and go more frequently now and that there will be a lot more than just a few top players. The top players play thousands of rounds to achieve their status and after awhile it must get very tedious. I started playing 3 years ago after breaking my foot, but because i only play once every couple days or weeks even months, the game does not really burn out for me.

WGT  want a lifespan of a top player to be as shoprt as poss, as they will rarely buy credits anymore.

I must say also say WGT treats its most loyal and longstanding players incredibly badly. Also free tournament prizes have not increased with equipment prices over the years, equipment is ludicrous $, the elite collection is a farce, (saying that, i do not believe this is a poker site and you should not expect monetary reward) and the fake aspect that WGT let you decide where the game is going, is becoming much clearer bs. Im not burn out with WGT, but im pissed off with them.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Feb 24 2013 3:09 PM

alanti:
    In fact even for the average player like me, there are no incentives dangled by WGT and I have always said, WGT needs to revamp its award/reward program as without any reward at some point, players will continue to leave

^^^ hear hear, been playing WGT that much that I neglected the Poker.

Just played today and made more than 3 times my 11 month WGT career earnings in less than 7 hours....I can go and spend it too... anywhere !! 

Andy

• Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Sun, Feb 24 2013 6:59 PM

Not sure I buy the math, Andy.  As the saying goes in statistics classes, you can make the numbers say anything.  I see a lot of rounds played in 2013 on your graphic.  Half are active or very active.  I'll take that after almost two years if I am WGT.  Dunno...

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Mon, Feb 25 2013 2:44 AM

Video killed the radio stars..no cash cards killed the top player. That was the big carrot.

You could pm me on any deviate Andy. Price is a factor as they go up and nothing really new added. Re-mix of holes we have.  Have not added any new course.  yawn*

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Mon, Feb 25 2013 5:17 AM

Totally agree with you having similar probs here too. (too irregular)

GC.

renniw52:

Again, WELL DONE Andy. WGT are you paying attention? As far as my status on WGT, I am just one of the bottom feeders, my play time is totally irrelevant to the management. Maybe the money I have been spending (except for gifting) is not so irrelevant. I would easily spend $200.00 or more per month, and start playing 10-12 games each day, if I was certain that my shots would turn out as I played them. coming up the ranks, I made some amazing shots, after calculating all the variables. Seems these just don't happen with any regularity any more. So why invest in myself? Again, I am just one of the bottom feeders of WGT. Super job Andy.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Feb 25 2013 6:01 AM

Dougie4042:
    Not sure I buy the math, Andy.  As the saying goes in statistics classes, you can make the numbers say anything.

The math is empirical, he's using hard numbers easily (albeit, tediously) gleaned from what everybody can see. I would have liked to see Alternate Shot matches factored in because a large part of this game has become social. I have twice as many AS matches played versus posted scores and I play as much now as I ever have.

Attrition comes to mind when I look at the numbers. I would consider this normal, to a degree. You need the turnover to keep going.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Feb 25 2013 8:45 AM

YankeeJim:
    I would have liked to see Alternate Shot matches factored in because a large part of this game has become social.

I'd be happy to see and include whatever AS data for the 24 you come up with Jim.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Feb 25 2013 9:27 AM

andyson:
    I'd be happy to see and include whatever AS data for the 24 you come up with Jim.

LMAO. YOU'RE the one with the time, I still gotta hump it for a living.  ;-)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Feb 25 2013 10:51 AM

YankeeJim:
    LMAO. YOU'RE the one with the time, I still gotta hump it for a living.  ;-)

Ha!!  ROFLMAO!!  Its obvious to us all that you, YankeeJim, are the undisputed King of Time Management.  What with humping for a living, plus nearly 12,000 posts, more than 2,000 ASs and 700 MPs.... (you knew that was coming ;-)  )

Gotta cut this short.  Time for a nap.  :-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Feb 25 2013 12:30 PM

andyson:
    Ha!!  ROFLMAO!!  Its obvious to us all that you, YankeeJim, are the undisputed King of Time Management.  What with humping for a living, plus nearly 12,000 posts, more than 2,000 ASs and 700 MPs

You forgot my 2000 ranked rounds and don't forget the 2 kitchens I've already produced in the short new year! 61 going on 31. In bed by 2AM and back at the shop by 8.   LOL   

RSS