Forums

Help › Forums

No Freaking Way

Sat, Jul 10 2010 12:34 PM (34 replies)
  • ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2010 1:52 PM

Sounds like the secret order of grammar are taking an interest in me. I shall scour the forums in search of mis-placed apostrophies and poor spelling so that one day I may reach the vaulted ranks of elders and rain scorn down from my lofty perch!

Take that anyone who has never read a book!

• SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2010 2:06 PM

Thanks ComplexP!

The moderators should grant you with some credits (or a sleeve of GI3's!! maybe...) for that service. One thing for sure, you're more patient than me. When I see a long text with no punctuation whatsoever, I just skip!

Rob

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2010 2:08 PM

I keep a big bag of commas on hand for certain posters.  I give them away for free; no spending of credits necessary.

• ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2010 2:46 PM

SystemCrash:

Thanks ComplexP!

The moderators should grant you with some credits (or a sleeve of GI3's!! maybe...) for that service. One thing for sure, you're more patient than me. When I see a long text with no punctuation whatsoever, I just skip!

Rob

Official forum translator eh? I like it! I work cheap; just keep me stocked with pizza, beer and G13s.

• ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2010 2:49 PM

Doublemochaman:

I keep a big bag of commas on hand for certain posters.  I give them away for free; no spending of credits necessary.

This could seriously eat into my pizza money.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2010 3:42 PM

When do we get to the their-they're-there and your-you're lessons?

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2010 3:57 PM

And don't forget the it's and its lessons.  As in "It's a trade between the Yankees and Mariners.  Its dynamics include Montero for Lee."

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2010 5:05 PM

Doublemochaman:
    Its dynamics include Montero for Lee."

Sorry, DMM-they don't need anything at the moment. Thanks for thinking that, though.   :-D

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2010 11:31 PM

YankeeJim:

When do we get to the their-they're-there and your-you're lessons?

I've checked the syllabus, YJ, and it seems those lessons come much later in the semester.

The bulk of time between now and then will be made up of the "to-too-two" lesson.

One must crawl before learning to walk. 

• BobWerner
    2 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2010 3:33 AM

Ok, I'll handle the to problem. I've learned well and am on my way to the Jedi academy. First I must make a stop at Star Fleet.

TO -- An action -- As in: Let's go TO the store.

TWO -- NUMBER --  The two of us are going to the ballgame.

TOO -- ALSO --  I'd like to go with you two too.  (Yes, that's correct structure for those wondering)

I can actually do There and Your.

RSS