Forums

Help › Forums

No Freaking Way

Sat, Jul 10 2010 12:34 PM (34 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2010 5:05 AM

Heh-This is awesome. Finally, without hammering some poor soul for not knowing basic English, Brother Bob can handle the enlightenment!

Your idea is a good one if you're OK with it. You're going to be a good Jedi, too. Your task is a daunting one.There will be those that think their way is OK but they're kidding themselves there. It's going to be a wonderful day!

• ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2010 5:13 AM

YankeeJim:

Heh-This is awesome. Finally, without hammering some poor soul for not knowing basic English, Brother Bob can handle the enlightenment!

Your idea is a good one if you're OK with it. You're going to be a good Jedi, too. Your task is a daunting one.There will be those that think their way is OK but they're kidding themselves there. It's going to be a wonderful day!

You have much to teach us Master Jim.

Will I have to balance dictionaries on my feet while standing on my head at the Jedi academy?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2010 5:15 AM

ComplexP:
    Will I have to balance dictionaries on my feet while standing on my head at the Jedi academy?

No-You will have to hold them at arm's length with arms held parallel to the ground, palms up!    :-D

• BirdieButton
    164 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2010 8:54 PM

perfect grammar is for mammas boys.  Perfect little slave right down to the tiny decimals.  Grammar says nothing of intelligence.

I understood what OP was saying entirely.  And so does everyone else.  And furthermore so did all of you.

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2010 9:55 PM

BirdieButton:

perfect grammar is for mammas boys.  Perfect little slave right down to the tiny decimals.  Grammar says nothing of intelligence.

I understood what OP was saying entirely.  And so does everyone else.  And furthermore so did all of you.

Excuse me, but whether or not anyone was able to interpret the OP or not is not the point...  The point is that most people (including myself) will not even bother to read a post so poorly structured.  The unfortunate part about that is if the OP actually had something important or useful to say, or was actually looking for help, it would reach a far lesser audience because they've tuned out after the first line of the post.  So yes grammar is important, it doesn't have to be perfect, but....

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2010 10:41 PM

Wait a minute...what are we talking about?

• BirdieButton
    164 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 12:15 AM

BirdieButton:

Excuse me, but whether or not anyone was able to interpret the OP or not is not the point...  The point is that most people (including myself) will not even bother to read a post so poorly structured.  The unfortunate part about that is if the OP actually had something important or useful to say, or was actually looking for help, it would reach a far lesser audience because they've tuned out after the first line of the post.  So yes grammar is important, it doesn't have to be perfect, but....

no exscuse me but that says alot of those people (including yourself)...  so whats the point?  to try and cater to you and others ignorance?  understanding is all that  matters.   One who is ignorant enough to "not even bother" with reading a thread due to grammar   is one who was never interested in helping anyone with anything to begin with.  exscuse me again and tyvm.

watching these same people be allowed to attack on any thread at will is getting old. 

• kissfanpdx
    84 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 1:19 AM

to

First off, you are a rookie, a newbie, you have been a member for about a month and you are crying about a "glitch?"  LOL,  Trying being pro status for almost two yrs!!  very frustrating.  First piece of advice, get rid of the mixed match rental set and get a real set of clubs, that will solve the eractic swing meter "glitch" second, get out and play some match play challenges, you will meet a lot of cool people and get some good tips....NONE of which i have been able to apply yet, but hey like they say, a bad round of golf is still better than a good day at work.....good luck

• ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 1:21 AM

BirdieButton:

BirdieButton:

no exscuse me but that says alot of those people (including yourself)...  so whats the point?  to try and cater to you and others ignorance?  understanding is all that  matters.   One who is ignorant enough to "not even bother" with reading a thread due to grammar   is one who was never interested in helping anyone with anything to begin with.  exscuse me again and tyvm.

watching these same people be allowed to attack on any thread at will is getting old. 

Birdie - I invite you to read through this entire thread before commenting further. I hope you will notice that it has, so far, been a light-hearted and enjoyable discussion about the merits of good english where we are poking fun at ourselves  as much as anyone else.

It has now decended into an argument because of your first comment. Well done sir.

I suppose someone with an axe to grind was always going to wade in at some point. I think we did rather well chaps :)

• BirdieButton
    164 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 2:03 AM

ComplexP:

BirdieButton:

BirdieButton:

Birdie - I invite you to read through this entire thread before commenting further. I hope you will notice that it has, so far, been a light-hearted and enjoyable discussion about the merits of good english where we are poking fun at ourselves  as much as anyone else.

It has now decended into an argument because of your first comment. Well done sir.

I suppose someone with an axe to grind was always going to wade in at some point. I think we did rather well chaps :)

lol right,

good save by you?  No.   I invite you to wake the  hell up and realize how ignorant and self unaware you really are...

"a light hearted and enjoyable disscusion on good english"  

In a players thread about meter issues!!!!   "smack"

Imagine that - another thread stating real issues is trolled off by the troll brigade. 

RSS