Forums

Help › Forums

Posting in the FORUM?

Sat, Mar 9 2013 5:36 AM (91 replies)
  • jeffc46221
    621 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 7:02 PM

I just wanna say to the 3 i played with im sorry that a family issue pullled me away. I tried just hitting and steppy away but couldnt do it anymore. I hope you guys understand and i sent the balls. Thanks for this tourney. Agains sorry i had to bolt like that. 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 7:06 PM

alanti:

I will decline as I detest UL and time-lines are an issue but have already paid an entrance fee for this cause :)

Feel the same way Alan, only played 4 rounds on UL before but thought I'd give it a go and after 7 holes or so you start to  dial in.....interesting distraction.. but not for me.

Edit: Jeff was -6 btw....He knew he may not be able to finish but carried on regardless.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 7:33 PM

Well .   I had no idea what would happen ,  When I started this I rolled some dice to pick the format for the game play just for fun And Renn .

Thank you to Bob for letting us Highjack this thread and have some fun here in posting in the forums .

Thank you all for standing up and doing something Good for the community .

Thank you working with me to pull this game off in just a day ,

This just goes to show what can happen here in WGT land .

I know that Frapp and maby some others missed the Invite to the game , So I will offer to play any one who missed this game to a rematch .

This is our Game , This is our Community , This is our House .

This is also for the Renn,s in all of us .

iaaRft

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 7:54 PM

And just so you know Renn ,, we are all going to the " Gent,s Club "    The drinks are on you Sir ,

OPY

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 8:11 PM

It was an enjoyable get together...but Opy....check out Puh's score...his 65 wasn't too damn shabby.  Renn....swing on...

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2013 8:20 PM

Ducati916:
    . Puh played really well...even though he forgot to change out his Callaway's....

Aaah now we get the full story.....I knew that score was too good to be true. :-))

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2013 4:42 AM

Signed on at 6 am to catch up on the happenings here. You guys are a Hoot. No wonder my ears were ringing. I decided to escape from my current situation last night, seems I escaped further than intended. I counted 23 empty Yuengling bottles in my garage this morning. I asked my wife who came over and she said no one, although it sounded like a party going on outside. Well that attempt at total denial didn't change anything. What did change over night was the true effort and generosity of my WGT family. For the newer members of WGT, please never take for granted what this game can do for you. I don't believe when this game was in the planning stages, that the minds behind it had a clue what the members could and would do with it. We were given a virtual site to play some golf. We took it to the extreme by forging friendships, almost family blood bonds. It is so important and needed to feel the compassion of total strangers. My family has all had their say, and expressed their concerns over me losing my job. I would expect that, but the out pouring of feelings and concern from friends you have never met other than on a computer screen, that is over whelming. You cannot assign a value to this. It is remarkable, and I am so honored to be welcomed into this ELITE group of Human Beings. Thank you all for your generosity, and true friendship.

Rich

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2013 4:57 AM

keep your head up brother , its always darkest just before dawn ...

i was pleasantly surprised at how well i hit the rocks ... 

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Sat, Mar 9 2013 5:27 AM

alcaucin:

Ducati916:
    . Puh played really well...even though he forgot to change out his Callaway's....

Aaah now we get the full story.....I knew that score was too good to be true. :-))

Jeez, with friends like these......... who needs VEM? ;-))

P.S.: Just to make sure (for anyone reading this BEFORE his morning cup of coffee) D's kidding ;-)

RSS