Forums

Help › Forums

Margaret Thatcher Dies.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 12 2013 6:37 AM (51 replies)
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Mon, Apr 8 2013 12:58 PM

she had many friends and just as many enemies but she turned the country around from being the sick man of europe and got it going in the right direction again......consequently, the UK today is much stronger economically on a worldwide basis because of it.

much of *cough*cough* New Labour was merely a continuation of old Thatcherite policies..

i never agreed with her politics but will recognise Maggie as the best peacetime prime minister the UK has had so far.

RIP Maggie

tbe

• tamjag
    206 Posts
    Mon, Apr 8 2013 1:52 PM

i see the revisionism has started already

R.I.H. thatcher

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Mon, Apr 8 2013 2:47 PM

Well now you see, for all those soul dead people who will never do anything in their own lives to spark such emotion, the trouble for you is, your spines just don't go up to your brains Hmmm?

R.I.P. Lady Thatcher

Lizzie xx

• anobair69
    6 Posts
    Mon, Apr 8 2013 4:50 PM

Lizzie I mean no disrespect to you or your view on the late M Thatcher but many of the things she done while in goverment were absolutety terrible and I do not think Britain is a  better place now as a result of her goverment. I will not insult your intelligence by spelling out some of her less than wise policies but thats I supose what makes us all different. P.S My spine goes all the way up.lol.

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Mon, Apr 8 2013 5:00 PM

For 3 million you could give everyone in Scotland a shovel, and we could dig a hole so deep we could hand her over to Satan in person . .

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Apr 8 2013 9:18 PM

The future prime minister, then Margaret Roberts, received a degree in chemistry from Oxford in 1947. And she put it to use first in work at a glue factory, and then with a research job at food manufacturer J. Lyons and Company, a "foodstuff conglomerate" in Hammersmith. Thatcher's task in that role? To help figure out a way to whip extra air into ice cream using emulsifiers -- so that the ice cream could be manufactured with fewer ingredients, thereby reducing production costs.

In effect she made a half litre of ice cream fill a litre carton.

Ripping us all off even then.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Apr 8 2013 10:49 PM

Rest in peace Maggie. I had the honour of meeting her on two occasions - and yes she did make the hairs on your neck stand up! But contrary to popular belief, she did smile lol.

A great leader who you either loved or hated but I do agree with the OP, she did what she thought was right for the majority.

• Welshspitfire
    51 Posts
    Mon, Apr 8 2013 11:08 PM

LizzieRossetti:

Well now you see, for all those soul dead people who will never do anything in their own lives to spark such emotion, the trouble for you is, your spines just don't go up to your brains Hmmm?

R.I.P. Lady Thatcher

Lizzie xx

Well said Lizzie! xx

I don't really follow politics and I'm not going to pretend to do so. I'm writing now from a woman's point of view. I think she was an inspiration and a true figurehead to every woman. She made some great decisions, but maybe  also a few bad ones. She got the country out of recession, was the longest running PM in the 20th century, and she wasn't voted out - she resigned. I'm just saying to all of you people sitting behind your keyboard and slagging her off - take a moment to think about what she achieved and what you haven't.

Margaret Thatcher was a determined woman and she achieved what she wanted and what she thought was good.

Don't hate her just because you don't understand something.

Government is based solely on opinions- nothing is right.

RIP Dear Lady

RSS