Thu, Apr 11 2013 12:41 PM (20 replies)
  • patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2013 9:36 AM

do you tell?...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2013 11:22 AM

There is no empirical way. The best you can do is compare join date to level, equipment and score history and take your own best guess. Average doesn't mean a whole lot because you can gain levels and experience in AS games without worrying about getting promoted. In fact, that's how most baggers operate.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2013 12:30 PM

Great response YJ, Patricia just be careful who you play against, anything is possible it seems on WGT. Some of the Elite (totally straight up players) get bashed for their scores, others get bashed because they are level 90 + and still a Master or lower. You really have to take the time to find out who is who. Some of my friends are top level Legends, and Tour Legends. Trust me, they don't make a bad shot to make me feel better, it just proves that they are not perfect every time either. Choose you opponents wisely and you will truly enjoy this game. Avoid the baggers and multis and have a great time. There are many, many suspect players on here that are looking for easy prey. And then, there are twice as many who are willing to help you if they can, and show you a great round.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2013 1:30 PM

Like YJim and Renniw said  you have to be aware of funny things going on ,  My advise is this , get in a Country Club a small one at first make friends ,  Dont play for credits if asked by someone you dont know ,  Play the game for fun,   if you play without your knowing  a sandbagger or a Multi acc,  it wont hurt so much your wallet if you loose.   And tell yourself  for every one dishonest player there is 5000  honests one willing to have fun .                 WGT has 6,000,000  customers 

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2013 1:57 PM

renniw52:
    possible it seems on WGT. Some of the Elite (totally straight up players) get bashed for their scores, others get bashed because they are level 90 + and still a Master or lower.

Well, i'm level 81 and still a master, I enjoy playing mainly alternate games, and just playing one or two tourney in my cc doesn't help my average , but I enjoy the alt and match  and especially a good skins game and meeting new people. 

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2013 2:06 PM

frappefort:
      My advise is this , get in a Country Club a small one at first make friends

I am in a small CC, play mainly with them, yet their time zone, doesn't match mine often, 

I agree, i've met quite a few good people on here, probably have about 4 people blocked, because they are just nuts!

Thanks all for your replies, :-)

Patricia...

• Jan64
    123 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2013 2:19 PM

Hi Patrica, Good posts. I always enjoy a game with you. It's about the fun, not the credits. Hope to play again soon. Ciao

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2013 2:28 PM

You are on the right path patricia, I am one of the nuts for sure, but one of the good nuts. Always respectful and fun, I hope. I really enjoy the AS matches, and the occasional Match play with friends. One of my female friends whooped me last night like a red headed step child. We enjoyed the whole round. W/L does not matter a bit to me, it is the fun of the game and the ability to tell a friend great shot or you dog, or whatever. The whatever comes with the length of time that person has been a friend. LOL.

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2013 2:47 PM

renniw52:
    The whatever comes with the length of time that person has been a friend.

Whatever could  you possibly mean, Ren?

LMAO !

@ YJ- excellent response.

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2013 2:58 PM

renniw52:
    I am one of the nuts for sure, but one of the good nuts. Always respectful and fun,

Well, from one good nut to another....nice to meet you....lol

RSS