Forums

Help › Forums

Sandbagger- How

Thu, Apr 11 2013 12:41 PM (20 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2013 3:03 PM

Mr. Dog Breath, you know exactly what I mean, I think you were my second friend on here after his Bilkoness, who is still a friend, it has been a long time since we played, but my original friends are still with me. Keep guessing if your in the will or not.

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2013 3:43 PM

Jan64:
    Good posts. I always enjoy a game with you. It's about the fun, not the credits.

Hey Jan...it is about the fun, always enjoy playing with you, as the conversation is exceptional and you are one of my favorites to play with!

and I do enjoy playing for credits, and would only play with friends on here, I was more or less curious of a certain individual ....

play soon eh! :)

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2013 4:51 PM

Patricia ,i have friends like you , they enjoy  Alternates games  ,mostly doing the bla bla ba on Skype   ,and thats ok with me ,i do not concider them sandbagger  ,i got to know them  and i enjoy playing with them so  you would like to play sometime countrymen  Oupsss  Lady :)  i am  always  willing to play .       And i know one  CC  you may like to join  ,not mine its mine is  Franco club ,,but   Check( Caroline) Royal Laval country club .  Frapp

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2013 5:03 PM

Awesome, what a nice place to be, was just asking a question and ended up making a couple of friends along the way...and good advice 

thanks guys....:-)

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2013 6:33 PM

Got some great post in this tread. To add to the thread, I find not stressing about Sandbagger's is best. In most cases the Bagger's do it to feel good or compete at a level that makes them feel superior over others or ??. If you have a feeling someone is bagging let WGT know, or if its a Bud in game or in your CC membe ask them and tell them how you feel. You may be surprised as they may tell you the truth or reason they do it.

Other then that most important, have fun, play with like minded players and enjoy the great game.

Mes.

PS: Ren is a nut but a ton of fun, We need to get a round in again soon been busy with taxes and only playing a bit right now.

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2013 6:45 PM

Mesmorizer:
    In most cases the Bagger's do it to feel good or compete at a level that makes them feel superior over others or ??

What a sad way for them eh?

You're right though, have fun and play with the same minded players as myself, as this is why i'm still here...:-)

Thanks Mesmorizer...

p.s. waiting for my accountant to finish with my taxes....lovely gov't shall be going on a nice trip this year....LOL...

Patricia....

• DrussTheLegend
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2013 3:02 AM

Patricia, the only time a bagger will affect you is if you play credit games against them (either MP Creds or Skins for creds) - or if you try to compete in big ticket RG's (and seeing as you are at Master level, the baggers are very numerous in the top billed comps at that level).

For the MPC's and Skins for credits, just use some caution and look out for funny behaviour up front.  Every now and again I set up MPC with whoever's out there, and one time in the lobby before the game, I suggested 300cr for the challenge, his response was "I only play for 1000cr of more.....", I was okay for 500cr and suggested that, he had the exact same response.  Now, he might not have been a bagger, but that is just a tad suspicious - I understand the cost/benefit in terms of ball use, but anyone who is that inflexible should tweak your "something is not right" response.  So I did not play him.

Another thing to watch for is the inflexible on the course guy - will play MPC with anyone for example on BPB F9 but nowhere else -  not necessarily a bagger, but you need to check their score history on that course - there are few TL's out there that only play BPB or St Andy's. Believe me, they know every inch of those greens and will slaughter you unless you are lucky.

Lastly, add a lot more suspicion to any opponent playing for creds who is lower tier than you, and with hardly any ranked rounds in.  Only way for a bagger to maximise his return is to avoid ranked rounds like the plague. 

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2013 6:43 AM

Thanks for the mention of those CC, but i'm already in one which I thoroughly enjoy and an awesome bunch of people...:)

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2013 7:03 AM

patriciawilliams:

Mesmorizer:
    In most cases the Bagger's do it to feel good or compete at a level that makes them feel superior over others or ??

What a sad way for them eh?

You're right though, have fun and play with the same minded players as myself, as this is why i'm still here...:-)

Thanks Mesmorizer...

p.s. waiting for my accountant to finish with my taxes....lovely gov't shall be going on a nice trip this year....LOL...

Patricia....

Very sad way to play a game but thankfully we have alot of people on here that play for the right reason. As for the Accountant and Taxes just remember dont shoot the messanger lol. Hardest part of my job is the "Are you sure that cant be right?" LMAO.. I never know how a person is going to take the final return. I have had people complain when getting thousands back and on the other side of the coin we have had a guy hug us because he only owed twenty thousand. A fun time of year and I enjoy my job.

I will freind you if you should choose to accept, would love to play a round with you sometime. When I am green please do invite me to any game, as I love playing.

Mes. 

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Thu, Apr 11 2013 12:40 PM

Thanks Druss,

I wouldn't play a credit game with anyone, just a member from my CC only. I was curious about how to tell who is a SB or another name SOB...lol 

I will keep in mind what you wrote though...:-)

RSS