Help › Forums

You've had my last dollar

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 1 2013 4:39 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Tue, Apr 23 2013 11:38 AM

I Mastered up a couple of weeks ago and everything went to complete and utter ratsh*t.

Shots went 20% longer or 20% shorter with the same club in similar wind conditions and there was no rhyme nor reason to it.

I lost two Nikes (nearly new, oddly enough) on shots that defied the wind / distance shown.

I played 11 holes to -6 (with a bog-standard ball after losing my last Nike) and then my game went off the rails in spectacular fashion. I watched the meter jumping (do not tell me to clear my cache, wgt, because I swear to doG I'll shove my cache where the sun don't shine if I hear that ONE more time from you!) and I watched shots doing seemingly impossible things. I was +1 halfway up the 17th fairway when I said F*ck It.

That was the last straw. 

I have spent >$100 here in 2 months and this weekend I was about to spend another $50 upgrading my irons and putter.

Well bollocks to that. 

I've got friends here now so I'm not going anywhere, but you can *uck off if you think you're having any more of my money.

€"#¤£%@s!!!!!

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Apr 23 2013 11:41 AM

The game gets a lot harder when you reach the Master tier. Surely you're not going to let a simple golf game get the better of you. :-)

• Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Tue, Apr 23 2013 12:01 PM

hyena64:

Essisdaddy:
    I watched the meter jumping (do not tell me to clear my cache, wgt, because I swear to doG I'll shove my cache where the sun don't shine if I hear that ONE more time from you!)

There are many ways to clear up a porky pig meter.  You can clear your cache, OR you can follow any of the many, many suggestions if you use the old search box?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Too many threads on that to begin to count.

The point about that was, it wasn't porky for 11 holes. For 11 holes I was dinging it for fun. And then it went bloody haywire.

• Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Tue, Apr 23 2013 12:05 PM

courteneyfish:

The game gets a lot harder when you reach the Master tier. Surely you're not going to let a simple golf game get the better of you. :-)

The "simple" game of golf has been getting the better of me for nigh on 40 years, Courteney :D

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Apr 23 2013 2:02 PM

Essisdaddy:
    The point about that was, it wasn't porky for 11 holes. For 11 holes I was dinging it for fun. And then it went bloody haywire.

Well if it suddenly went haywire I would I would guarantee some background process was causing the problem. All meter problems lie at the users end.

As for Masters,  congratulations. Yes it I by far the biggest step in tier progression (except legend) and I remember thinking OMG (I initially had the starters gear). But like everything, persist, learn and with practice it doesn't take too long to adjust.

Just enjoy the game and don't solely focus on scoring.

• Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2013 10:31 AM

alanti:

Essisdaddy:

Well if it suddenly went haywire I would I would guarantee some background process was causing the problem. All meter problems lie at the users end.

As for Masters,  congratulations. Yes it I by far the biggest step in tier progression (except legend) and I remember thinking OMG (I initially had the starters gear). But like everything, persist, learn and with practice it doesn't take too long to adjust.

Just enjoy the game and don't solely focus on scoring.

Appreciate the reply, Alanti, thank you.

It wasn't so much the score (okay, I lie; it was the score, a bit) as the (NWA - New Word Alert) sudden haywireness of the meter.

I have taken to using the Comodo browser, stripped down to the bare necessities, when playing wgt, with nothing else open, but I will have the TM minimised to check on background processes from now on.

And a friend has convinced me to clear the cache after every round, which seems a bit excessive, but hey ho, anything to lower the blood pressure, eh? 

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2013 11:03 AM

Keeping your BP under 200 is hard  sometimes  with this game. Keep at it and it will get better, and when you reach TM you'll begin to love this game.  Good Luck,  Essisdaddy.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2013 12:00 PM

Essis, Master was my best time on here as far as learning. My best time on here is now, with the friends I have. Please, Please, Please, do yourself a favor and take your time. Don't think that rushing to Legend or TL is the ultimate goal. You will create frustration for yourself that is self inflicted. The game does change as you move up. If you go back to old rock balls and say the hell with this game, it will not get better for you. Try to notice the changes as soon as you can and adapt. Many of us have done it and moved on. I am probably the worse Legend on WGT skill wise, but I still enjoy playing with my friends. If you are having a terrible time with the ranked stroke rounds, just wait until you see your friends on, have an AS and enjoy. I don't know what else to tell you, I have experienced it all, been totally frustrated, went weeks without spending a dime, came back, bought a sleeve and shot a 30. 30 is terrible for a legend but I am tickled every time I get one. Hang in there and enjoy.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2013 12:55 PM

If you can spend the time watching videos and surveys you wont spend a penny, i have and saved a fortune, i spend now about $10 a month on here in balls only if i need them, got the clubs i want, if i wasnt playing this, i'd be in my local spending $20 a night.

Enjoy the game, spend the time learning your new tier, you will get used to it and club distances, its just practise, stick at it!!

Essisdaddy:

I Mastered up a couple of weeks ago and everything went to complete and utter ratsh*t.

Shots went 20% longer or 20% shorter with the same club in similar wind conditions and there was no rhyme nor reason to it.

I lost two Nikes (nearly new, oddly enough) on shots that defied the wind / distance shown.

I played 11 holes to -6 (with a bog-standard ball after losing my last Nike) and then my game went off the rails in spectacular fashion. I watched the meter jumping (do not tell me to clear my cache, wgt, because I swear to doG I'll shove my cache where the sun don't shine if I hear that ONE more time from you!) and I watched shots doing seemingly impossible things. I was +1 halfway up the 17th fairway when I said F*ck It.

That was the last straw. 

I have spent >$100 here in 2 months and this weekend I was about to spend another $50 upgrading my irons and putter.

Well bollocks to that. 

I've got friends here now so I'm not going anywhere, but you can *uck off if you think you're having any more of my money.

€"#¤£%@s!!!!!

• PAGES
RSS