You've had my last dollar

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 1 2013 4:39 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2013 8:57 PM

Essisdaddy:
    but I will have the TM minimised to check on background processes from now on.

When my meter is a little jumpy (luckily not often)  I use tantri meter - shows the CPU usage in a window I have next to the meter - If it spikes I dont hit and wait for it to settle.

Wise to have a dedicated browser just for WGT. Clearing the cache after each round is quite excessive, but if it keeps it smoothe, thats fine, I usually will clear only after updates, changing equipment or when the meter does play up.

Not sure why, but I tend to have more meter issues playing full screen, so play mostly on a smaller screen, except putting - I like to actually see the ball drop (sometimes after many attempts) into the hole rather than see a dot make a noise ;)

To be honest I found masters hard, I bought my first clubs after I made Master and then had to relearn the entire game. But I did like that challenge, and at that stage I knew one day I would make it to the long tees, where I think the greatest enjoyment is to be had in this game.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2013 10:05 PM

You know what , we  all had the same wall to break ,    you made it there  dont give up ,   and you know what,  it gets harder to mouve up tiers ....          If you take it  one shot ,one course  ,and one tier at a time  , and have most of all patience  , well  you will join   us trying to  break the wall for another tier .   :) Frapp 

• Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 4:39 PM

Rennie, Boomer, AndWhy, Frapp

REALLY appreciate the messages - thank you.

I'm SURE it was no more than a coincidence, but three days after my posting this, having not spent any money for a week, I got invited to join the Nation. Did make me smile, that. NOT that I don't appreciate the gesture - I do - I just thought the timing was amusing. 

I wish I COULD do some surveys - but I don't think Finland is too well supported on that score - I've never seen one. Always get the "sorry, none available" message. Hey ho.

• PAGES
RSS