Help › Forums

So, what now?

Wed, Sep 17 2014 10:48 AM (282 replies)
  • Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sun, Sep 1 2013 2:51 AM

alosso:

I respectfully disagree m8.

After a tier change, a player can re-enter any tournament in the original, previous tier under their conditions. The results will be counted to the current tier, though.

Proof is available right now in the unlimited 18 hole Monthly of August, Amateur tier, 88 minutes before it's closed. The leader isn't an Amateur any more, and the level 60 guy in 8th place has played there the last time when he was a Master, on Aug.26.

This is perfectly legit, no grounds for naming and shaming!

Then why Alosso m8,

After Fekdrink was promoted to Tour Master around 24th of August he as played daily, but if you check his scoring stats most of these have been in tournaments he had entered whilst in the Master tier, and still show in his stats as such, only showing 8 games as Tour Master ?

So it would appear something as gone wrong here surely.

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Sun, Sep 1 2013 4:07 AM

I'm guessing what has gone wrong is that the carefully worked out, oft quoted number of rounds for Tier progression is wrong. WGT have always gone out of their way to reply to such threads on the subject with a "We don't give out such information" often wth a cheeky "but you're not too far out" thrown in for good measure.

The facts on this one are as follows.

I reached TM with a round of 30 on 24/08/13. The first two rounds as TM were two 35s. My average reset on the first of these. My 54th, a 70 on the Leadbetter Challenge pushed my average up. Funnily enough it went down with the 55th a 36 on the August monthly 9 hole competition. During these rounds there were no "Best of Par 3/5s".

All pretty irrelevant really when you shoot like I have in the last 24 hours. I've been as likely to hit the green stuff as Stevie Wonder playing the New Orleans municipal course during Hurricane Katrina.

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Sun, Sep 1 2013 4:26 AM

Forgot to say Alosso, I love the Urban Dictionary.

One of my favourites which seems apt on this site is as follows:-

Grass Ceiling - The barrier to further promotion in a business defined by a person's inability to play golf.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, Sep 1 2013 4:27 AM

Fekdrink:
    I reached TM with a round of 30 on 24/08/13. The first two rounds as TM were two 35s. My average reset on the first of these. My 54th, a 70 on the Leadbetter Challenge pushed my average up.

From my count, that 70 was #49, starting with the 35-35 on 24/08. Since saturation, you have kicked out a 38, 39 and 40. One 76 and three 74s will be the next victims.

Have fun!

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, Sep 1 2013 4:33 AM

Mushy01:

alosso:

After a tier change, a player can re-enter any tournament in the original, previous tier under their conditions. The results will be counted to the average of the current tier, though.

Then why Alosso m8,

After Fekdrink was promoted to Tour Master around 24th of August he as played daily, but if you check his scoring stats most of these have been in tournaments he had entered whilst in the Master tier, and still show in his stats as such, only showing 8 games as Tour Master ?

They show as "Master" and affect Fek's placement in the Master tier of that tournament, because he entered it while in this tier, but they count towards his TM average which I verified for my previous post.

Edit: Had to edit the post to which you have answered, pointing out the average

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sun, Sep 1 2013 4:42 AM

Nw's alosso m8, I wasn't querying your explanation, just Fek seemed to have all rounds accounted for, and was the only explanation I could offer.

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Sun, Sep 1 2013 4:43 AM

Seems my counting is as bad as my putting. Checked it several times but cleary I rolled four rounds past. Never could judge distances.

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Wed, Sep 4 2013 9:29 PM

In just under three hours time I'll be dozing into an anaesthetic fuelled sleep and hopefully awaking two hours later with a new left hip.

This solves the mystery of Manchester United's apparent lack of activity in the transfer window. They were going to sign me as a creative minfielder but sadly I failed the medical. Still, theres alway January.

The real b*gger is that my conscuetive days bonus will go. Anyone fancy playing a few rounds on my behalf? Mind you, for appearances sake you'll have to play realy badly.

• Turtletoto
    311 Posts
    Wed, Sep 4 2013 11:52 PM

all the best with the operation mate hope all, goes well.take it slow and steady when its done and you will be up and about in no time

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2013 10:02 AM

Good luck bud , hope all goes well for you and your soon back on your feet ......get the mrs to play just one hole a day for you ;-) ....... surely even she not that selfish lol.

After all, it is a matter of life and death, do they really understand our pain to miss a days play ;-(

RSS