Forums

Help › Forums

So, what now?

Wed, Sep 17 2014 10:48 AM (282 replies)
  • Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sat, Jul 6 2013 4:09 AM

at least this will give you the option to try the Clevelands , but don't let that influence you in anyways , hang it out til you can at least try 1 , possibly the 64 degree ATV , at least that way you can try both at minimal cost i suppose , and maybe only waste one wedge worth of credits , don't forget , these wedges will probably be your last wedge purchase, and any top level wedge is going to be a great improvement on the pings your using now .

happy hitting.

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2013 7:28 AM

Cheers Mushy01, sound,sensible advice as ever.

I've really enjoyed using the Cleveland wedges. Remarkably you can even back up the starter ball. Lord knows what they would do with a few dots of spin on the ball.

I am tempted.

Not because I believe they are a better log term option than the ATVs. These latter are the wedges I set my heart on right at the start, as outilned on the very first post on this thread. But.

To fully equip my virtual bag with these beauties will require doubling my current XP total. Probably another three monhs of playing with the Pings. During that time, at current earning rates, I'll probably have another 9 000 odd credits to spend. I know these things can dry up, but I did earn 13 000ish during my first three months. So it's certainly not unreasonable to expect to be able to cover the 2 685 the CG16s would cost. Probably around 2 000 allowing for sell back. And then there's the thorny issue of balls.

In an ideal world I'd like to keep playing the starters until I reach Legend (if that's achievable). Then the swap to say the Level 35 Calloways woud give me the extra distance to cover the increased yardage from the back tees. Or at least negate it to a degree. Util then  the Clevelands could give me the greater control I need until I upgrade balls.

Hmmm, like I said, I am tempted. 

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Mon, Jul 15 2013 12:23 AM

What a great time to be a British sports fan.

The England cricket team win the first Ashes Test, the Lions win the rugby, two tests to one, Chris Froome is riding his bike away from the rest in the Tour de France and Andy Murray has won Wimbledon. As you North Americans would say "Awesome". Actually I suppose I should just translate these sports into relative North American ones for our Trans-Atlantic cousins. Cricket is like your game of rounders only a bit more complicated. Rugby is like your game of catch you play with helmets and body armour, only a bit more complicated. The Tour de France is like your BMX only a bit more complicated. Oh and it's very frowned upon to cheat Mr Armstrong. And Andy Murray is like your Serena Williams only a lot less masculine.*

Meanwhile back in WGT land I have taken the plunge and bought the Cleveland CG16s to replace my Pings. Pound for pound I would still say the Pings are the best value Wedges in the game at a net 150 credits each, but I really need something to start backing up my starter ball and a 56 degree Wedge with a range of 100 rather than 90 yards. I suspect in three months time I may well swap to the TM ATVs because of the better spacing and forgiveness but who knows.

* I'm sure I don't need to say this but the old glossal muscles are placed firmly in the buccal cavity with these comments. Apart from the bit about Andy Murray/Serena Williams.

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Mon, Jul 15 2013 3:36 AM

If your going to go all the way with the cheaper balls with less spin, you've probably made the wiser choice in getting the Clevelands, this will of course come at a price of meter speed , but your obviously managing with that :-)

Cricket is like your game of rounders only a bit more complicated. Rugby is like your game of catch you play with helmets and body armour, only a bit more complicated. The Tour de France is like your BMX only a bit more complicated. Oh and it's very frowned upon to cheat Mr Armstrong. And Andy Murray is like your Serena Williams only a lot less masculine.

.... Priceless analysis*

* I'm sure our American cousins by now , understand our wit

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Jul 15 2013 4:45 AM

Fekdrink:
    The England cricket team win the first Ashes Test

Just, won the 1st Test....lol

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Wed, Jul 17 2013 4:22 AM

Yes mantis0014 only just. If Clarke had used his reviews better we would have lost.

I notice a lot of complaints re surveys across the forums. For me there's good days and bad. A walloping 900 credits from them Monday and 15 from three missed ones yesterday. But today takes the biscuit. For 90 credits I was supposed to listen to half a dozen tracks from the new James Blunt album and pass comment. Well I'm sorry, but there just ain't enough credits in the world to justify that kind of sacrifice - even with the speakers muted as there's a risk the mute button might not work between tracks.

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Wed, Jul 17 2013 7:09 AM

James Blunt.....lmao... would skip that one too

R.

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Thu, Jul 18 2013 12:36 PM

Very hot in the UK a the moment which probably explains me being a bit grumpy and very pedantic. But.

It's the Open. Or the Open Championship. Not the British Open. That's Katie Price (aka Jordan).

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Tue, Jul 23 2013 12:00 AM

So some posh bird gave birth - whoop de fekin woo. I mean come on. Is this the first time ever a woman managed to push a sprog out? Has she actually done anything special? Or just what women have been doing since they were first clubbed over the head and dragged back to the cave?

By the way, loving what the Guardian newspaper are doing online today. Top right of their homepage is a button marked "Republican". Click on it and all references to Royal babies are instantly removed.

I'm wondering if Prince William will open a second WGT account for his son when he's old enough. I have it on good authority that the balding one himself is quite a keen player, though struggling to find the time to get in the 500 plus rounds of sub 60 to advance to Tour Legend since he got married - some things never change no matter who you are.  And a wife's loathing of anything her husband spends time enjoying is certainly one of them.

Me, bitter? Hen-pecked? Downtrodden? Under the thumb?

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2013 7:35 AM

I've been toying with the idea of upgrading my 275 yard TM Driver and 230 yard 3 Wood. I can go for the Ping G20 pair now (280/240 respectively) or wait for the TM versions at Level 85 for the Wood (240) and the Driver at Level 88 (282). The latter is stil couple of months away and since I would like to buy both the same make I am tempted to change now. Then possibly again to the R11 combo later.

Of course this does involve significant expense, but I've just a hit a motherload survey - 900 credts. Perhaps this is a sign.

I'm sure no one's interested in this IT survey, but if you do see it come up and are interested in the answers I gave (took less than five minutes) feel free to PM me.

Meantime back to the Ping/TM question. Any advice?

RSS