Forums

Help › Forums

So, what now?

Wed, Sep 17 2014 10:48 AM (282 replies)
  • Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Mon, Jun 24 2013 12:09 PM

lol

The rate your goin at Fek m8 and with the equipment your using , there'll be Legend and TL's looking over their shoulders ..... Fek the soon to be , new kid on the block .....

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Tue, Jun 25 2013 10:53 AM

Hi hothanger, thanks for the kind words. I'm lucky in that I do get offered a lot of surveys and do have the nack of completing most of them. Today being a good example offered four and completed three. The longest of which took five minutes. However if given the choice I'd rather be good at putting than completing surveys.

Mushy01, you are too kind. As hinted at above I'm gong to have to putt an awful lot better if I'm to trouble any Legends or Tour Legends. Still the stats are slowly improving, so there's hope for me yet. I'm now only a Level or 9 000 XPs away from getting the long awaited Rocketbladez irons. I think it was you who first suggested that I hold out for these rather the Ping G20s or the lesser TMs at Level 69 (apologies if it was someone else). Superb advice for which I remain in your debt. When I have these I will have a bag equipped to potentially start properly competing.

Then comes the big question. Which balls to use. I think I want something which will give me durability, some extra distance and enough spin to stop the ball quickly. I might fnd too much spin difficult to handle, at least to begin with. I was gifted some Srixon 3s (no I haven't forgotten your generosity BB) which I'll have a crack wth and then perhaps try the Level 35 Calloway i(z). Any suggestions for alternatives gratefully received.

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Wed, Jun 26 2013 12:44 AM

Fekdrink:
    Then comes the big question. Which balls to use. I think I want something which will give me durability, some extra distance and enough spin to stop the ball quickly. I might fnd too much spin difficult to handle, at least to begin with. I was gifted some Srixon 3s (no I haven't forgotten your generosity BB) which I'll have a crack wth and then perhaps try the Level 35 Calloway i(z). Any suggestions for alternatives gratefully received.

I would say first get the irons, then see what you can do with 'm and where the problems are, playing the free ball. If you feel the meter is to fast (very possible) you might want to start of with the WGT GI2-S balls, just to control your club. Then, once you control your club, look at what you need for more control on the ball.

Just a few more days....

Rock

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 4:39 AM

Sound advice as ever Rockitch.

Ball choice wil be very interesting. I am tempted to go as far as I can playing the starter ball and then when I hit a brick wall scoring wise to upgrade, to give me an extra impetus and stroke advantage. That all depends of course depends on how I get on with the fast meter speed of the RocketBladez.. Which by the way are only 2 800  XPs away now. Normally that should be a day's worth of play, though may take longer as I have been told to "Put that f*cking computer down and stop playing that stupid f*cking game" by the Boss. She has a way with words. The thing is we have a couple of Barbdians staying with us this weekend and apparently my help is required entertaining them. I did suggest they might like to learn how to play, but the look the Wife gave me was enough to shrivel my dingly- danglies to the approximate size of a Higgs- Boson particle. She had that "And don't f*ck wih me on this" face on that  only a p*ssed off Wife can have.

There's an old joke phrase we use in the UK (probably aroud the rest of the world too), "Work is the curse of the drinking classes". In my case it could be paraphrased. "Wives, the curse of the game playing classes".

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 5:25 AM

Yours and my wife must be related somewhere down the line

yes , only advice I could give on balls , as I made the mistake , is don't jump straight to the slowest and most expensive you can get , I think its Alosso gives the advice , make your way through them till you feel comfortable with one, this will always leave something in reserve so to speak .

An off day may mean a slow ball will help , more spin another day, and even the black max balls have helped me lately when the meter been choppy , gives you time to make a cup of tea and reflect on how *hit the game can be and still have the time to pull out of a bad meter shot.

Happy hitting bud and enjoy your new found wealth when you finally get the Iron set.

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 5:44 AM

I think they all have to go to "Wife School" before they get married and can't graduate until they pass the "How to make his life a misery until you get what you want" class.

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 5:56 AM

They spend a lifetime trying to mould and change us into the perfect husband , then don't like what they made us, go figure.

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 6:24 AM

I spent my life looking for Miss Right. Little did I know that when I married Her She'd become Mrs Always Bloody Right.

And the strange thing is, depite that, I still love Her with all my heart. Go figure indeed.

Now if She'd just let me go out and whack some balls........

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Sat, Jun 29 2013 4:00 AM

Well here I am at my third Monthiversary. Sorry if that sounds like something a lovesick teenager would say, but it's the best way I could think of to put it. Anyway, it's time for another update. And a lot has happened over the last month, so let's again start with the figures.

Days played:- 91. 

XPs earned:- 199 690, Level 79.

Credits earned:- 12 733 (Videos/Surveys/Offers 12 267, "Winnings" 466).

Credits spent:- 9 380 (see below for breakdown).

Credit balance:- 3 353.

Average:- 67.95.

Driving Accuracy:- 80.43%.

GIR:- 65.19%.

Putting Average:- 1.89.

Average distance to hole:- 21 feet.

Money spent:- Zero.

Hours spent playing:- Way more than the Wife would like.

The most notable difference is the difference is the improvement in GIR, up from 60 to 65 per cent. Still not good enough but definitely moving in the right direction. I attribute this to some better understanding of my clubs and mainly due to having had the Ping Wedges for a whole month. As everyone has said from the start, upgrading the starter Wedges does give scoring a real boost. The other thing which has changed, as of but a few hours ago, is that I now have a full set of purchased equipment. Here's how my bag looks.

Driver::- TM TP 9.0 (Level 48) 2 495 credits.

3 Wood:- TM R11S (Level 41) 695 credits.

Irons:- TM RocketBladez (Level 79 - as yet still virgins) 2 595 credits.

Wedges:- Ping Tour W, 56, 60, 64 (Levels 41/42) 600 credits.

Putter:- Nike Method 001, (Level 77) 2 000 credits.

Balls:- Just about round and slightly dimpled Starters. With a mind of their own.

I now feel I have the gear to start to play the game seriously. Upgrades will be needed in time, particularly the cheap Ping chippers (TM ATVs or Cleveland CG 16s?), but for now a time of consolidation. I feel the my patience has payed off and by waiting for the right clubs I haven't spent a fortune. My thanks to everyone who has suggested this strategy. As I have said on another thread, the help that you can get from the forums is invaluable and I would urge anyone starting out to make the fullest use of the immense expertise and knowledge which is so readily given when asked for.*

I think over the next month I shall be learning what I can achieve now that I've finally replaced the Starter irons with the RocketBladez. Once I've adapted to their peculiarities I shall start looking for a ball I feel comfortable with.

So hopefully, onwards and upwards.

Thank you again to everyone who has helped me thus far.

Fekdrink.

*Re the forums. They really are a fantastic source of incredibly helpful advice. I doubt I'd have advanced past the Pro Tier without them. And very friendly too. Just so long as you don't mention Cheat engines, Cheaters, Automatic dingers, White Outs, VEM, Quitters or the cost of balls. Oh, or WGTLS.

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sat, Jun 29 2013 4:14 AM

Fekdrink:

Well here I am at my third Monthiversary.....................

*Re the forums. They really are a fantastic source of incredibly helpful advice. I doubt I'd have advanced past the Pro Tier without them. And very friendly too. Just so long as you don't mention Cheat engines, Cheaters, Automatic dingers, White Outs, VEM, Quitters or the cost of balls. Oh, or WGTLS.

Just as you were doing so well , your'e on your own now bud .........

RSS