Forums

Help › Forums

A question of balls .

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 10 2013 6:35 PM (33 replies)
  • craigswan
    31,571 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 2:45 AM

I know that some of the cheaper balls are taken out of play after a certain number of shots . I tend to keep my good balls for certain tournaments and go back to the starter balls for practice .

If i use a good ball for a tournament then swap it for a starter ball does my expensive ball when selected again become a completely new ball .

• 7thwave
    556 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 3:13 AM

Nope. The balls "ware". They have a limited amount of hits in them.  If it has 20 hits left when you switch to starters, it will still have 20 hits when you reselect it.

• reddog309
    501 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 9:51 AM

But it would be nice if WGT took your ball out of play on the next tee versus taking it out mid hole as they do now. IMO...

Reddog 

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 10:57 AM

Why practice with the starter ball?.  I can see playing just to play, but would think that you would want to practice with your "game ball" so then you can know the shots better with them.  

Practicing with your game ball would help you learn distance and spin reaction.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that you want to save the good ball for rounds that count, but still.  

• craigswan
    31,571 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 1:26 PM

Believe it or not but i have been playing with starter balls for my entire wgt career and i score better with them than a bought ball .

Who has the oldest balls still active . I have the free green ball still for st pattrick,s  day , a couple of baseball promotion balls and the one which shoots hearts out when it lands .

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 1:44 PM

Still have 24 Dove balls in my bag and I'm sick of lugging them around.  Wish I could give em away.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 2:57 PM

hpurey:
    Why practice with the starter ball?

I agree with you HP except there is one advantage of using a practice ball. As they are a fast meter when you revert back to a decent ball the meter seems slow and makes hitting he ding as if you were using a max ball.

As for the OP, I was quite amused. At level 94 and you thought every time you put a good ball back in the bag it was revitalised to a new ball. If only it was that easy ;)

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 5:13 PM

I still have several BE-S and BX-D balls from 2 or 3 years ago that I use for sweeps CTTH games where score doesn't matter.I think I read somewhere that the BE-S ball was the first better ball released.

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 5:33 PM

Hi guys, Will give 8  sleeves  of Dove balls away to the first 8 players to ask for them  complements of WGT

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 5:35 PM

Very generous, but I will reneg on the offer

RSS