A question of balls .

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 10 2013 6:35 PM (33 replies)
  • ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 5:54 PM

Boomerboy44:
    to the first 8 players to ask

I use the starters but since you are offering, I will ask for a sleeve. TIA :-)

• Nordglanz
    35 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 5:59 PM

Gimme golf balls :)

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 6:03 PM

ZioMio:

Boomerboy44:
    to the first 8 players to ask

I use the starters but since you are offering, I will ask for a sleeve. TIA :-)

Ok as soon as I get 8 I'll let WGT know

• zzturk
    150 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 6:49 PM

You want to give your 'dove' balls away.

start a practice round at St. Andrews, using the shortest tees, making sure you have loaded 'dove' balls into your bag and not whatever you are already using. Chose low winds.

Ready? Okay, now whack the crap out of a succession of them and they should ALL trickle into the Swilken Burn (one or two might get lucky and jump the creek, but not likely.

And when, after the first one drops in, you will have to hit your succeeding shots from just behind the water. Then use your putter and bang the rest back into the creek!

You bag will empty of the doves in quick time until you see the "last ball" warning. But just ignore hit and hit another into the water, to be sure.

Finally, you will be switched to starter balls and your bag will have been emptied of the 'doves'.

Who knows, maybe it will be a good tension releaser?

• zzturk
    150 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 6:52 PM

request freebies

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 7:14 PM

hyena64:

If you can really give them away, I'll never turn down free balls.   And I'm in the running for the oldest balls; maybe not by age, but by usage.   :-)

Yes ok, WGTdbloshoe said he will distribute the Dove balls as soon as I have 8 people that want them.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 7:23 PM

Boomerboy44:
    Yes ok, WGTdbloshoe said he will distribute the Dove balls as soon as I have 8 people that want them.

Full marks not only to you Boomer, but to DB for the distribution.

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 7:45 PM

alanti:

Boomerboy44:

Full marks not only to you Boomer, but to DB for the distribution.

It's all him alanti. I was whinnying in the forums about carrying the Dove balls around in my bag. He E-mailed me and said to get 8 people that wanted them and he would take care of it. GREAT idea.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 7:59 PM

Wow them I am even more impressed. I have said it before, but will reiterate, since DB came on board I have seen a vast improvement in communication, not only from him, but Icon as well.

Keep up the good work.

Edit perhaps I should have asked for some - Merion going live tonight - just another course I can lose some balls on lol - I haven't even tried the CTTH so will be a total mystery course. But I would like them to go to deserving souls!

RSS