Forums

Help › Forums

Any legend wants match play (scored)

Fri, May 24 2013 4:46 PM (65 replies)
  • PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2013 6:51 AM

duffer19:

he aint beatin too many legends as it is C.  I like his brass and willingness to take lumps.  next step...humility.  He will appreciate legend one day and soon will have to wear that badge and earn it......sometimes after becoming one does this happen.

if I can beat him, no one has anything to worry about

he's a good player and I enjoyed my round with him.  polite, friendly, and expects much of himself.  that's not so bad I guess

+1

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2013 7:25 AM

courteneyfish:

We obviously have different opinions on the meaning of the term. To me it means using an unfair method of gaining an advantage. With this person's stats it's obvious that if he tiered up today he'd have trouble beating any Legend. My guess is either he would go very quiet or reappear with a new name and do it all over again. Bagging isn't just about credits, it's taking wins that  aren't really theirs.

He's not bagging nor cheating. Play a round with him, he's having more than enough issues playing from his shorter tees ;-) Talks a good game though ;-) And is actually really friendly and nice while he's playing.

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2013 2:03 PM

My score is 0-1 today. Do not under estimate me . You will suffer. That said i do not mind losing to good legends. Bring it on.

I know i can beat u all with 282 yard driver and nike ball. Thats kinda cheating in my book because i will have distance advantage because legends have more distance. So by playing with inferior club its all about skill. As i said i do not mind losing to better skilled players. I appreciate them. But if you stink you lose. That said my req. really below 60 legend because if i beat them my average go down. Its more fun than playing stroke play alone.

Stroke play i might play with better equipment. I wnat to play more TLs.

Lets play. i am online 5:06 pm ET come..no one here now..add me as friend and invite me.

if you beat me you have right to talk..i allowed duffer19 ,puhino , mbaggese to talk..because i lost to them and they have the right to say what ever they think.....i am cool..but once i beat them...they need to listen to me ..at present they have higher view point.  hahaha.

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2013 2:53 PM

So, I met Mr. Alex the Great today.  Funny because after reading this thread I had mixed emotions.  At first, I thought he was a douche.  After reading a bit more, I saw he was just a trash talker issuing challenges for fun.  Either way, I didn't go looking for him....WGT paired us up.

And, I didn't recognize him at first.....until he told me about taking on Legends and firing the forum up.  Then, it dinged (pun intended).  I gave it my best shot, and couldn't measure up.  If I brought my A-game, it may get close.  

But, the dude is good.....legit.  He likes to talk trash, as do I.  I would happily play him again.  He is willing to help anyone and everyone with things he's figured out inside the game.  

You can call him arrogant all you want, but you may have to look in the mirror.  If he offers a "tip," he's not necessarily being arrogant......it may be that you don't want to hear it.

He's not everyone's cup of tea, but he's not the douche my first impression gave from this thread.  He's like Bugggy on steroids....lol.

• creamer444
    783 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2013 3:25 PM

i gave alex his wish at merion i won 4 up this time. but i will say 1 thing for him he is not a bottler and if u hit a good shot he will say so which means a lot in my opinion. my opinion of him now has gone up. he's a good player for sure. take him on if you dare.   ps take care alex keep at it m8 

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2013 3:50 PM

Some people are true to average. creamer444 is solid player. You have to be sharp to beat him i think which i lack.. i slack off first few holes thats my nature that said i can challege creamer444 with r11. Key is put pressure i could not put pressure on him. It will be different game when i lead. I started match play because suddenly i played matchplay my avg went down from 63 to 61 and i never played stroke game as TM. So i thoughts its more fun to get legend beating legends...so i welcom all legends...beat me u r good...lose then u have to improve. I think what differentiate solid player from decent one is consistenncy. Creamer is solid. I have not seen him make mistake. Some great shot..but his putter is also decent because i have not seen him above 10feet. No flaws.

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2013 6:54 PM

Anyone here now?

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2013 7:28 PM

Here's a question, though?  Alex is a L91 TM with a 61.00 avg.  He beat me in a match....why no promotion to Legend?  What am I missing?

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2013 11:22 AM

Looking for all  legend...Tour legend anyone dare?.

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2013 2:32 PM

I am legend now...looking for TOUR LEGEND..i will be easy meat..but i am testing my theory that my average do not go down bad if i lose to Tour legend...lets test it...anyone wants to play?

RSS