Forums

Help › Forums

For those Summer cookouts

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 24 2013 5:35 PM (20 replies)
  • RonCarr
    243 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2013 4:51 PM

...Thanks and hope you all get a chance to enjoy some GREAT cookouts,and maybe some beach time... 

I pulled this since some think it might be against rules,,,Yes farmers markets a great idea but for some of us that live on the beach ,our choices are limited...

In NO way am i advertising, for any company.!!! (retired electrician,,dont eat that!!)

Was trying to be patriotic to my homeland and those that died for my freedom,by supporting ,American made food..

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2013 8:08 PM

+1

as an alternative to the list, your local farmer's markets and/or farmers can be a great source of fresh, made nearby, perishables...

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 12:53 AM

What about this? (low page 3)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 3:17 AM

To be honest, I do not see this as breaching posting guidelines (albeit a fine line lol), yes effectively brands are named but no more than players asking for Titleist balls.

I do think every country should support locally made and produced brands/produce where possible - and totally agree with Iva - Farmer Markets are great for fresh locally produced goods. There is a fresh food market close to me, all locally grown/produced and even a German descent couple who sell weisswurst - takes me back to fond memories of Munchen (they also make the sweet mustard) - would even please a Bavarian (I think lol).

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 3:47 AM

Nothing against a call for local support (and Weißwurst with the proper sweet mustard and a Bavarian beer),

<snip>

Thanks for caring, Ron!

• RonCarr
    243 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 4:00 AM

alosso:

Nothing against a call for local support (and Weißwurst with the proper sweet mustard and a Bavarian beer), but on display is a list of brands which would directly profit from the success of that posting. I'd not be surprised if they payed for the placard.

Discussing brands included in WGT is different IMHO because it's more about their pro shop sales than RL sales. And, it's sanctioned marketing...

No way do I work for any food company and NO!!  I WAS NOT PAID!! to place this add,.I was trying to be Patriotic for my home country..See here in the USA we are proud of our land of freedom which my family and friends have died protecting,,Sure good way to spoil a holiday feeling,, thanks...Back to golf and try to stay out of the forums.,seems every time I post something its trashed by, well I guess some very smart people..

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 4:17 AM

Excuse me, I never meant or expressed that you were payed for that.

Alas, that was a professional placard and someone must have ordered it to be produced.

Enjoy your holidays, but please accept that there might be different opinions on some subjects.

Peace!

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 4:53 AM

It's just a shame that Americans can't brew a decent beer. :-)

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 11:21 AM

courteneyfish:

It's just a shame that Americans can't brew a decent beer. :-)

Hey now! We may be playing catch up, but we've made a lot of progress in recent years. Just don't be judging us on Bud, Miller and Schlitz, eh? ;)

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 11:35 AM

Come on Courteney, Budweiser is still the king of beers.

RSS