Help › Forums

For those Summer cookouts

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 24 2013 5:35 PM (20 replies)
  • courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 12:04 PM

Richard4168:

Come on Courteney, Budweiser is still the king of beers.

No, no ,no. Okells and Bushys are the way forward. Guess which little island had the purity laws before Germany.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 12:16 PM

courteneyfish:
    Guess which little island had the purity laws before Germany.

I .O . Wight ? 

Noooo, I know the answer really......it was Skye obviously !!  :)

Andy

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 12:42 PM

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 12:43 PM

ThreeSpot:
    Just don't be judging us on Bud, Miller and Schlitz, eh? ;)
    What else?

(remembering Coors Light)

• Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 2:33 PM

OK you Europeans laugh - but at least we understand that COLD beer is best!  :  )

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 2:41 PM

You're referring to a dieing English habit, unless you speak about beer in ice cubes :)

(liking my local beer COLD!)

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 2:55 PM

alosso:

ThreeSpot:
    Just don't be judging us on Bud, Miller and Schlitz, eh? ;)
    What else?

(remembering Coors Light)

30 years ago there was no good American beer. Now there are a host of quality breweries: Rogue, Three Floyds, Bells, Dogfish, Allagash, Great Lakes, Founders, many, many more.

Did we invent stout, porter, pils, pale ale, etc? Do we have purity laws? Do we have a long, venerable tradition of quality beers? Of course not.

Do we have skilled brewmasters who make a world class product? Decidedly so.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 3:34 PM

alosso:

You're referring to a dieing English habit, unless you speak about beer in ice cubes :)

(liking my local beer COLD!)

+1

Europeans like their beer cold!

The English don't seem too  lol, I lived in the UK for a number of years, the beer was only chilled, Then along came Budweiser, seperate cooling and it was actually cold, great for that 3 or 4 days it was hot outside lol. Ok not a great beer but at least it was cold. In fairness, the ales in the UK the beer would lose it flavour it it was too cold, so I see the point why it was only chilled.

Throughout the world now there are some great beers especially by bespoke brewers, sadly I seldom partake in any but do occasionally enjoy a good COLD beer.

• borntobesting
    9,685 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 3:53 PM

Beer and all other alcoholic beverages are something that I haven't had in almost 45 years.And not missing anything except the hangovers!

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 4:32 PM

courteneyfish:

It's just a shame that Americans can't brew a decent beer. :-)

Belgian is still the producer of the finest beers in the world, followed by America,3rd Germany 4th UK.

RSS