Forums

Help › Forums

Shot pal

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 17 2013 9:55 AM (35 replies)
  • Jude1950
    9 Posts
    Sun, Jun 16 2013 8:05 AM

I was surprised and annoyed to find "Shot Pal" when I went to play a round of golf this morning.  The "Latest News", which describes the Shot Pal free tryout for Father's Day, says that "you can always disable it by going to the settings on the menu".  Well, I did that and it pulls up the list of different features that you can enable/disable BUT SHOT PAL IS NOT ONE OF THEM so there does not appear to be a way to disable it.  Guess I won't play today and will HOPE that by tomorrow Shot Pal will DISAPPEAR!!!!!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Jun 16 2013 11:12 AM

Use the scroll bar on the right...looks like a thick-ish vertical line...you'll see other options as well:)

• akone12
    6,913 Posts
    Sun, Jun 16 2013 11:39 AM

Looks like this  Jude

Hope this helps.

AK

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Sun, Jun 16 2013 11:40 AM

Jude1950:
    Guess I won't play today and will HOPE that by tomorrow Shot Pal will DISAPPEAR!!!!!

Unless you disable it shot pal will be there until you use it up. To me it is a great tool. It really allows you to dial in your in between club shots. 

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Jun 16 2013 11:48 AM

borntobesting:
     To me it is a great tool. It really allows you to dial in your in between club shots. 

A post-it note does that. Plus you choose where the marks go.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jun 16 2013 12:17 PM

It also appears to have those marks at every avatar move and there's a lot of players that use just that. Interesting.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Jun 16 2013 12:22 PM

Jude1950:

I was surprised and annoyed to find "Shot Pal" when I went to play a round of golf this morning.  The "Latest News", which describes the Shot Pal free tryout for Father's Day, says that "you can always disable it by going to the settings on the menu".  Well, I did that and it pulls up the list of different features that you can enable/disable BUT SHOT PAL IS NOT ONE OF THEM so there does not appear to be a way to disable it.  Guess I won't play today and will HOPE that by tomorrow Shot Pal will DISAPPEAR!!!!!

What a noob lol. You should think before you speak :) Good Luck.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Sun, Jun 16 2013 12:22 PM

YankeeJim:

It also appears to have those marks at every avatar move and there's a lot of players that use just that. Interesting.

Do you remember what I said the other about what I felt WGT was considering doing? That could explain why they brought out shot pal. 

courteneyfish:

borntobesting:
     To me it is a great tool. It really allows you to dial in your in between club shots. 

A post-it note does that. Plus you choose where the marks go.

If you use different monitor resolutions those are basically useless. 

• Jude1950
    9 Posts
    Sun, Jun 16 2013 12:23 PM

I'm sure some people like it.  I don't happen to care for it and the website says that you can disable it if you don't want it.  They say if you go to settings you can turn it off but I checked the regular settings as well as the advanced settings and I don't see ANY way to disable it. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jun 16 2013 12:24 PM

borntobesting:
    Do you remember what I said the other about what I felt WGT was considering doing? That could explain why they brought out shot pal. 

LOL. I am so screwed if they take away those putter moves. 

RSS