• ScottHope
    10,353 Posts
    Sun, Jun 16 2013 3:02 PM

Jude, maybe this'lI help you.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Jun 16 2013 3:15 PM

goldeena:
    Just wished it could load 2 separate images on-screen which were mutually exclusive of each other because the shot and the putt scales are slightly different in length (I just scale it to be spot on in length for the putting bar and accept a mm in error for my clubs)

How would a single image like this work?

Save it to your hard disk as a .png image.  If it doesn't quite line up, post a screenshot and I can try and fix it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jun 16 2013 3:20 PM

goldeena:
    and yes, if anyone was thinking - i had to flip the entire image then select a box round and flip every number individually to get a backward ruler like that!!!

Woodworkers use right to left tape on saws. You can get them at a woodworkers supply shop.  :-)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Jun 16 2013 4:15 PM

goldeena:
    the trouble with MS paint as I am sure you will be aware is that it saves the image on a non-transparent white background which imposes itself on the screen,

Here's a useful free download that handles .png formats.  (Be careful which download button you click.  you want the small Download Now button next to the 3.5.10)

Paint.net

If you can use MS Paint, you can use that.

• 719mike
    209 Posts
    Sun, Jun 16 2013 4:45 PM

I just cut a strip of index card to the proper length , and divided it into 10 equal spaces and draw  lines ( 9 of them ) , and add a dot at  2 1/2 & 7 1/2  . Then lay it underneath the shot bar , line the ends up , and place a piece of tape over it . Basic arts and crafts   : )

voila !

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Sun, Jun 16 2013 7:17 PM

Check out ...WINRULER. You can do all kinds of stuff with it. Centimeters or inches. You can  stretch  it or shrink it to fit the meter bar. 

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Sun, Jun 16 2013 7:18 PM

I use shot pal from time to time.  I find it really helps esp with short irons shots to be able to dial it in.  I don't want my computer to have posts and junk on it so I'll gladly pay the fee for it.

It is simple to turn off, I don't understand why people complain when they get something for free.  it's like the free balls that WGT gives out, don't use them if you don't like them.

• WoodenHands
    526 Posts
    Sun, Jun 16 2013 8:15 PM

TarheelsRule:

It is simple to turn off, I don't understand why people complain when they get something for free.  it's like the free balls that WGT gives out, don't use them if you don't like them.

It's simple to turn off , nevertheless it's still annoying to have to do it each time you log in , at least with a free ball if you don't want it , you just don't equip it , shot pal and putter pal seem set by default .

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Sun, Jun 16 2013 8:41 PM

I have ridiculed the Putter Pal many times on these forums, but after they made the shot pal, I have actually started to use them both (with just the Putter Pal I still needed the strip). They give me all the indications I need  and it is nice to be able to play on temporary machines, but it is kind of absurd that you have to pay to get markers on your meter.

RSS