rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 17 2013 8:47 AM (58 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2013 10:20 AM

2DAMFLASHY:

seams i'm a baby formula expert ... now that im prego ... (wink*)  lol

cough cough ..:)_~~

I find being a Porche driving, e-cigarette using IT manager who takes his 2 kids to the cinema 17 times a year while making travel arrangements and shopping on a smart phone and consuming energy drinks helps keep the creds topped up.  ;o)___~

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2013 10:24 AM

Mushy01:
    What alosso is stating is fact , we used to get 100 credits for 100 views not that long ago

A couple of threads that relate Here and Here

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2013 10:32 AM

B*gger, 2DamFlashy, how come I missed out on that one?

I was about to post on this thread about an hour and a half ago that the surveys seemed to have gone quiet for me over the last few days. However in the intervening period I've hit a 120, a 90 and a 180. Got 5 after three questions on another and one crashed after four questions and gave me nothing.

It's all down to the profile - mine says I'm 53, living with my wife and two kids (boy 14, girl 16), am in full time employment (higher managerial position), on a reasonable wage and living in the UK. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Unless many more of these high payout women only ones come out, in which case I may consider a sex change.

I would say your chances of hitting these surveys go down if you are any of the following:- Single, childless, retired, unemployed, work in journalism, advertising, the media etc (you know the question by now) or living outside the UK/USA. I have a hunch that many look for someone over thirty but I could be wrong on that.

I don't claim this profile business as being my idea. Someone mentioned it during my first month on the forums and I've never looked back.

One other thing for the Brits. A whole bunch always seem to come around late afternoon/early evening. No idea why, probably because they think you're getting home from work by that time, have given the wife a cursory kiss and will log straight on to WGT.

Fekdrink.

PS. Now in exchange for all that helpful information could someone please teach me how to putt?

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2013 10:35 AM

cost ya

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2013 11:02 AM

LOLOL  @ ..

399 Posts
    nice ride !!  :)
  • opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2013 1:36 PM

I do well at the Uveys , They think I am a single Mother of 3 .

The last one was for some kind of liner with wings . what ever that is .

OPY

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2013 1:44 PM

Richard4168:

alosso:
    So I proved my statement, but I wouldn't expect an excuse from an impertinent insulter like you.

What's your beef Alosso? I never insulted you or anyone. You're the only one being insulting with a statement like that.

Where I come from, calling so. paranoid = mentally ill IS an insult.

About the risks, see the link I posted. A year ago, a user who had saved 500 views for 750 credits would be faced with a 50% loss to 375. Thus, piling up views above the minimum was a risk, and it may be one now again.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2013 2:01 PM

Mushy01:
    anyone who had been saving views to exchange , did indeed lose 25% (or 50%) of there value with no prior warning 

I'm not disputing this fact.

I am disputing the fact that no one lost their views, as in they disappeared. They simply stopped receiving one credit per view, and started receiving 75 credits for 100 views. The views still spent and the 25% loss could of been recouped by simply adding more views before cashing out.

Its a matter of opinion. I'm saving my views and will cut my losses if LiveGamer reduces the credits for views rate again in the future. I'm not saying it won't happen, but it does seem unlikely LiveGamer will do it again.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2013 2:06 PM

alosso:
    Where I come from, calling so. paranoid = mentally ill IS an insult.

Its a perfectly legitimate term without being offensive.

Look, if it happens, cut your losses and move on if LiveGamer does this again. I'd keep adding views to recoup the loss.

Where's the risk that LiveGamer is going to do this again?

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2013 3:14 PM

Richard4168:
    Its a perfectly legitimate term without being offensive.
    ...in Favela lingo?

Richard4168:
    Look, if it happens, cut your losses
    That's coping with risks, as I said.

Richard4168:
    Where's the risk that LiveGamer is going to do this again?
    They might cut it down 50% again, or close it overnight - boom, all your saved views gone. Search for Icon's description of last year.

BTW, I'd like to know which kind of big buy you plan from 1000 views? There's hardly a driver and no top wedge available.

RSS