• craigswan
    31,570 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 5:14 AM
    gif,bagpipes,fire
  • russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 5:49 AM

Sorry couldn't resist this :)

Sorry but i for one cannot support someone who wore a Paraguay shirt and states he will support anyone that England faces.I find it funny that for some reason when someone is doing well they are called a Brit,but when they're not doing so well they are known from where they come from,how fickle we English are lol.Andy Murray is Scottish but because he's doing well all of a sudden he's a Brit so we can use that to justify supporting him.

I personally can't stand Tennis as i find it boring and refuse to watch it.Now i will sit back and wait for John to find this thread and rebuke me for this last comment lol.

Russell

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 6:04 AM

Lol Russell - no rebuke from me - each to their own. 

What I did find hysterical was all the English tennis 'legends' on the beeb doing their usual pre-tournament  (ala the English football team in any major event) analysis and debate over whom Andy would be playing in the final.

I use the term 'legends' very loosely indeed btw:

Sue Barker: Cliff Richard/Question of Sport first things that pop into my mind.

Andrew Castle: Morning telly..that's about it.

Tim 'nice but dim' Henman: ermmm was he in Four Weddings & a Funeral?

:O)

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 6:09 AM

GIRFUY Englanders :0) Let's hope Andy wins it and we'll see who is kissing his ass after it. I would suggest everyone :0)

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 6:19 AM

LOL ..... and here's me trying to be civilised for a change.

One echoes one's own sentiments, Mr. Tiff' LMAO

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 7:05 AM

WigerToods2010:

Lol Russell - no rebuke from me - each to their own. 

What I did find hysterical was all the English tennis 'legends' on the beeb doing their usual pre-tournament  (ala the English football team in any major event) analysis and debate over whom Andy would be playing in the final.

I use the term 'legends' very loosely indeed btw:

Sue Barker: Cliff Richard/Question of Sport first things that pop into my mind.

Andrew Castle: Morning telly..that's about it.

Tim 'nice but dim' Henman: ermmm was he in Four Weddings & a Funeral?

:O)

Completely agree with ya Johnny :) We don't have any real English Legends of the game,as you rightly pointed out they are known for their other exploits rather than their Tennis ability lmao.

It is bad when we have to adopt a Canadian to fill in the void and lets be honest Greg wasn't any great shakes lol hence he's now Canadian again,as i stated in my earlier post.

You also realise that Murray is destined to lose because like Henman when all the top seeds went crashing out,he was also expected to win it,and failed miserably lol.

Side note you wasn't the John i'm waiting for lol

Russell

• craigswan
    31,570 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 12:48 PM

you forgot Annabelle croft - another English loser .

I remember when andy partered laura robson at the Olympics and they won the semi-final after being behind .

Andy was asked - what did you whisper in laura,s ear to make her play so well .

Andy replied - a lot of words she has never heard before .

I,m also a big mark Cavendish fan - yellow jersey after Saturday I hope .

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 11:12 PM

craigswan:
     I'm also a big mark Cavendish fan - yellow jersey after Saturday I hope .

Hey, he's Manx.

• craigswan
    31,570 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 1:19 AM

Isle of man is as close to scotland as england , ireland and wales so we can all claim our cav .

At least he doesn,t sit in the pack and bore people like froome and sir brad . They win a time trial or two and end up getting knighted ..

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 10:10 AM

keep that bike riding junk outta my tennis thread :) lol  just kiddin.

any how, on the 40th anniversary - of Riggs vs Billy Jean King

Murray vs Serena has been fun to watch them laugh about - How many games would Serena get off of Murray?

it didn't go so well at the Australian Open for the Williams sisters, but still fun to chat about.  - btw, who believes for a second that Serena is only 5'9" and 150lbs?  

Venus and Serena Williams: Serena and Venus Williams said they could beat any men's player ranked 200 or lower. At the Australian Open, they individually played a set each against the 203rd-ranked player, Karsten Braasch. Serena fell 6-1, Venus 6-2.

As Murray cruised past Robredo - what else is there to talk of on a rainy day at Wimbledon?

RSS