Forums

Help › Forums

AGREE or DISAGREE

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 1 2013 1:59 PM (20 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2013 4:09 PM

This post could be an add on to who will have the last word. A simple Agree or Disagree will be the correct response.

1. The game is not at all what it used to be.

2. The slightest error on the ding will affect your shot like you missed by a mile.

3. Putting is a total guessing game.

4. The R11 irons  have forgotten how to stop like they used to.

5. Shots that used to end up in deep rough now are OOB, lost ball.

6. Courses you had dialed in are now foreign territory.

7. You are losing more balls than you ever did with shots that used to still be playable.

8. You are getting frustrated and feel like giving it up.

9. You really doubt the low scores you see posted and know damn well the players shooting them are robots.

10. You will never leave this game because of the friends you have made, and you can't live without them.

I wrote this post not as a rant, complaint or _itch. I did so because I, personally have found the game no longer reasonably playable with the knowledge I thought I had acquired since joining. I have the best toys to play with, the repeated holes that I had mastered and I find a birdie as allusive as a bag of chicken teeth. I will continue to play this, regardless of my inabilities to score anything less than 2 under par. I have not lost 5 balls in 6 months, other than expiring their life. I have lost 7 in 3 days and have only finished a couple games. I will soon be playing with the rocks and reverting to starter clubs. I just need to come up with a new name, and a program.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2013 4:18 PM

+1 , I know your pain all to well . Im going through much of the same garbage as you ren , so I do understand . At the end of the month , I should have lvl 94 completed , and 2 years of cdp . Once those are completed , I think I`ll be through .

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2013 4:28 PM

+1

Exactly the same seems to happen to me everytime I'm about to go up a level ......

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2013 4:51 PM

Disagree with all apart from 4 (don't use the R11's) and 10 :)

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2013 4:57 PM

renniw52:
    bag of chicken teeth

Hey, Ren. I found your bag on BPB #1. It was laying in the middle of the FW and my ball struck it and ricocheted off of it and into the 40-50 rough. I asked myself, "Who left this bag of chicken teeth here?"  Now I know.

Thanks, buddy.

In re: to your post, however - I am currently building a robot to play for me as we speak. When it's finished I'll send you v2.1 ( The Squirrel Series ). It may have to come by Tractor/Trailer, though. I don't  think UPS will handle anything more than 4000 lbs. Will they?

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2013 5:15 PM

No way I cannot chime in on this one Ren, aside from the fact that I have only been able to score 4 -4's or better in six months, I lost a ball today by over shooting St A's #17 left of green in the back corner, no fence, no cart path, no water, no brush, no reason I can think of except greed. Makes ya kinda wonder who the real cheats are !

Edit: & Lob's post does nothing more than confirm my suspicion that despite their numerous claims to the contrary, game manipulation ( ooops, WGT prefers the term "realism" ) is not applied evenly across the board.

Dbl. edit

Ooops , Agree ! :)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2013 5:18 PM

Damn you guys, you can't read, I said a simple agree or disagree, LOL. I am just having fun as, I can't lose a ball on the forums. YET, oh hell I gave WGT another idea. Damn my old squirrel hide. Now they will take balls for a post that make them look in the mirror.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2013 5:18 PM

1-8 Disagree

9 Don't know.

10 Agreed.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2013 5:45 PM

iaaR ( R ) ft

RSS