Forums

Help › Forums

LET ME START IT.

Tue, Dec 3 2013 4:59 PM (38 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2013 5:40 PM

The holidays are upon us. Some have had a great year, some not so great. I personally am in the latter group. Regardless it is time to give thanks. I wake up each morning and see the woman I have loved for over 43 years laying beside me. I talk to my 3 children at least once a week. I see my 7 grand children several times a month. I am in pretty good health for a man of 61 in spite of the hell I have put myself through. My sales career is over and I am back to working like a dog climbing ladders, painting and doing things that make me feel old when I get home at night. My lights are on and the house is warm. Food in the fridge and cold beer when I want 1 or 15. My life has been full of ups and downs, smiles and tears. Not all tears have been joyful. I went back home to Pennsylvania last month expecting to say good bye to my best friend, (My dad). He is 85 and had major heart surgery. I just spoke to him this morning and he can't wait to go out and shovel snow. I will drive a 1000 miles and kick his old ass if he does. I am thankful for many things in my life, family being number 1. I have many regrets for bad decisions in my life, financial, career wise, not staying and retiring from the Air Force, was over half way there. To keep from rambling on, which I am known for, I am thankful for finding this crazy, addicting, aggravating game. I have met so many fantastic people, shared their smiles and tears. These are people who I most likely will never meet face to face but we have a bond. We can joke, swear at each other, insult each other and console each other, but we can pass a little time enjoying each other. I want to wish every single member and the staff of WGT a Very Happy Thanksgiving, and a Merry Christmas. The Old Squirrel is not able to be as generous this year as I have in the past, but I will find a way to put a smile on a few peoples faces.

Love ya all

Renni

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2013 5:47 PM

+ 1

iaaR ( R ) ft

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2013 6:03 PM

You to Renni,

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

Just party in moderation okay? .......LOL

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2013 6:47 PM

Thanks renn , and happy holidays to you and everyone else , as well . Happy Swinging :-)

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2013 7:12 AM

lonniescott711:
    Happy Swinging :-)
    When you say Swinging? :)

Happy Hols Folks

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2013 3:00 PM

Nice threethousandsixhundredand48th post Ren !

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2013 3:09 PM

All the best to you and yours ren m8 ..... and all my other great friends I have met here in WGT land.

The games not real they tell me, but the friends sure are .....

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2013 4:31 PM

Renni ,you are verry special ......   just being yourself is a gift to us all that knows you .Generousity  does not always mean  to give Gift ,like balls ,equip,ect.   Puting a smile on peoples faces ,being polite no matter what, playing with all kinds of tier players, being helpfull  ,defending this game  to members who find,s  or look for flaws only,( to like me, try to be funny  !  lollll. ) That to me is generous and giving back what this game means for many of us ......      Just stay the way you are  ,dont take this game to seriusly ,we  know, we will never be the great players of this game ,i accept it  and i do my best,  that is all we can do.               Happy  Thanksgiving           With all my respect  to you to WGT members to WGT .                   Francois (Frapp)       

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2013 5:21 PM

Next year will be a better year Ren.... GUARANTIED !! 

RSS