• JAMESBALDINI
    266 Posts
    Thu, Dec 19 2013 9:15 PM

I had a new computer built no more meter problems AMD 3.8 ghs quad core

james

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 1:39 AM

Guys it is not WGT. You do realize that just about the same time as that update there was also an Adobe flash update. Most likely the new version of flash is simply not very stable. It has happened before.

(Edit)I just rolled back to version 11.9.900.152 from the new version 11.9.900.170 and the meter is smooth as silk. Seems like the new version just isn't as stable as it should be. 

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 3:05 AM

meter's a smooth as silk. i can't remember the last time i had a dodgey meter, it's been so long.

as B2BS said above, it will be the recent flash update that's causing probs.

i use maxthon 3 beta 3.5.2.600 (uses really old but best version of flash)

i've tried most versions of maxthon but have always gone back to the old version.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 3:45 AM

thebigeasy707:

meter's a smooth as silk. i can't remember the last time i had a dodgey meter, it's been so long.

as B2BS said above, it will be the recent flash update that's causing probs.

i've tried most versions of maxthon but have always gone back to the old version.

Same here. Some people seem to think that they should always have the latest version of Flash. I find that the old ones work better.  Mine is 11.5.502.110

• bjo12
    495 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 4:09 AM

thebigeasy707:

how do i get that version then? If i have maxthon 3 and as far as i know, since i've had it (quite a few months now) it hasn't changed from 110 version...i could be wrong tho as i usually am:))

Doesn't matter, i found it:)) Thank you.

• Condor6121
    130 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 5:25 AM

I am getting a large solid black box across the middle of my screens 2-5 holes per round decreasing my vision and forcing me to make bind puts. Anyone else having this problem?

• jaderoks
    571 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 5:57 AM

thebigeasy707:

This version seems to work pretty good. I'd say my meter is back to 90%. Thanks TBE.

I do have a question though. When there's a flash update does Maxthon update it?

I haven't done any flash updates myself on any browser. I don't have my firefox browser set to automatically update when a new version coms in. 

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 6:11 AM

jaderoks:
    I do have a question though. When there's a flash update does Maxthon update it?

nopes....

you can update flash on your pc but the maxthon version will use the version of flash it was installed with, which is why i use this much older version.

i feel it for WGT, cause they always seem to get the blame, when in fact the fault lies with ISP glitches or browser and flash updates 99.999999 % of the time. i'd go as far to say there's more chance of icon letting a potato roll of his plate than a meter problem being wgt's fault,  it's such a rare occurrence. :)

• jaderoks
    571 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 6:47 AM

thebigeasy707:

you can update flash on your pc but the maxthon version will use the version of flash it was installed with, which is why i use this much older version.

I thought so, Thanks TBE and Merry Christmas

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2013 7:02 AM

And do make sure that everything else is closed, especially WGT windows.

RSS