Forums

Help › Forums

Wed, Apr 9 2014 12:55 PM (57 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,354 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 11:35 AM

Dave, is this picture on your website correct, as it implies that you add more power to a putt on a fast green than you do on a standard green....

Shame you didn't even acknowledge my tweaked version of your putting spreadsheet, I thought you would have liked it.

• Davester9
    123 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 11:51 AM

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 12:07 PM

Yes, it should be Slow, Standard, Fast, Very Fast, Tourny 1, Tourny 2, Champs. There are 7 speeds. Just trying to help, your site is great but I'm sure that you don't want to give out erroneous information.

• Davester9
    123 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 12:24 PM

• chuddlymccannon
    298 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 1:14 PM

You're a Genius

Been practicing on the putting tips on a couple different speeds

I had to do some slight tweaking to your figures but it is probably just a difference in the ball.  Your numbers got me so close to begin with that it was pretty much a cake walk from there.

Been playing around with those wedge tips also.  Wow is all I have to say.  I have to figure out a couple more things but have gotten within like 5 inches about a dozen times.

Pure Genius

Thanks for the tips

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 1:45 PM

Davester9:
    Been here since they started this game and have never heard of "Tourny 1" and "Tourny 2".  I have created innumerable tournaments for our CC and have never seen any Tournament speeds other than just Tournament.  I have also played in most of the weekly and monthly WGT created tournaments and have never seen any reference to a Tournament speed of 1 or 2.

Then you are missing something.

They don't label them tourny 1 and tourny 2. It is obvious on the first putt when your putt comes up 2ft short.

There is a slower tournament speed that plays more like very fast.

Cheers,

b0gey

• Davester9
    123 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 1:58 PM

• ScottHope
    10,354 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 1:59 PM

Davesters putting formula (tweaked). DOWNLOAD.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 2:21 PM

Davester9:

Been here since they started this game and have never heard of "Tourny 1" and "Tourny 2".  I have created innumerable tournaments for our CC and have never seen any Tournament speeds other than just Tournament.  I have also played in most of the weekly and monthly WGT created tournaments and have never seen any reference to a Tournament speed of 1 or 2.

Cheers

- Dave

Show me anywhere it say that there are two Tournament speeds.  ??  I know.  You can't.

Enter Putt Distance   12
    Elevation     0
    Championship Greens   10.1
    Legend Tourney Green   10.9
    Tour Master Tourney Green 11.0
    Very Fast Greens   12.0
    Fast Greens     12.6
    Standard Greens   13.3
    Slow Greens     15.0
    Send Feedback to jeff.sargent@live.com  
  • Davester9
    123 Posts