Help › Forums

Wed, Apr 9 2014 12:55 PM (57 replies)
  • Davester9
    123 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 10:12 AM

• terwyl1
    1,011 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 10:29 AM

I agree some of the comments I have read here in the last 48 hours are totally out of order. A lot of arrogant people on WGt that is for sure

All the best to you

Terry

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 10:48 AM

Wow, all the recent posts were trying to help you. I'm sorry you took it that way.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 1:41 PM

Davester9:

And the hits just keep comin' folks . . Here Kitty Kitty

:D

(P.S. - Note the number of posts the flamers have made.  Tell ya anything?)

I am not a great putter, or even a decent player, but you are the expert with 680 ranked rounds, and 1.59 putts per hole. 

I like that you are trying to help the community, but how about you take some advice as well.

• commonguymd
    303 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 1:43 PM

I certainly appreciate your tips and efforts.  A great help to me.

• chuddlymccannon
    298 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 3:09 PM

You people just can't stop making a situation into complete $@*! can you

The guy was trying to help people and it turns into bashing central

complete *&^$# idiots

• kilbraur
    219 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 6:18 PM

Davester9:

This is going to be my last post in the Forums.  I am not going to respond to any more posts

Not do that Davester9 that way you is give in to the bullies.

You see how it ar all legends and tour legends is post against you. They is never give winning tips but always they is against peoples who do.

Ignore the bully people and keep help others.

• dryspot
    725 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 6:33 PM

I agree i have went  2 your tips and advice and its good info u got there.                                   Keep doing what your doing  help others.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 10:05 PM

You people just can't stop making a situation into complete $@*! can you

The guy was trying to help people and it turns into bashing central

complete *&^$# idiots

Wellllll, if my name was Dave and you pulled up to me at a gas station to ask for directions to Icons house for the party and I said "No problem, just go to the 1st light, make a left and look for the Big White Mansion 5.2 miles down the road on the left!", I'm trying to help you!

Then 10 people who know the area better than I do tell me I gave you the wrong directions, he should make a right at the light not a left and it's 4.5 miles on the right, not the left! I was still trying to help you but I was mistaken, now I know better ...

Now if another car pulls up and asks the same question, and I still give them the same directions after being told otherwise, I'm an a$$hole, trying to prove I'm right when I now know otherwise having been told by people who know more than I do....NOT GOOD!

I say PROPS to Davester for taking the time to build the site to help people!!!! I haven't done it nor do I intend to, but if you read "most" of the posts in the 7 threads he started they were CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, not bashing! 90% of the bashing was by Dave who doesn't seem to handle constructive criticism to make his site EVEN BETTER very well.....to bad, he has done a good deed which would be well served by taking a little advice here and there by people who know what they are talking about....I went there and read most of it to see if there was something I could use the 1st day he posted it...

• chuddlymccannon
    298 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2014 1:11 AM

What he did was get people started on bettering their games.  Different types of balls and different types of clubs are going to play different

The main problem has been the tourney speed 1&2.  Up until yesterday I was unaware this existed.  with that said, I played a Legend last night in match play and found the tourney speed to be significantly slower than I normally deal with. 

Is this a fault of his that the game is inconsistent? 

This is a great game but like any other game it has a couple problems sometimes. 

There is even a comment in this thread about his putting average.  Just because he has this advice doesn't mean he can read the greens like some of you self proclaimed gods on here.  Even if u hit it on the dinger and have the distance down exact doesn't mean u have the correct line. 

As far as the Constructive criticism goes......... Maybe all the golfing gods can get together and convince WGT that they cannot allow any tips, help, advice from anyone unless it includes every club and every ball and it is broke down to a tee.

With that said.  If people can start to better their games because of this advice I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it.

RSS