Forums

Help › Forums

Wed, Apr 9 2014 12:55 PM (57 replies)
  • alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2014 1:26 AM

As Dan stated, problem is that the page contains errors and that he chose to ignore constructive advice, taking criticism personally.

My problem is his general attitude - I won't let him share my knowledge.

Wait - just to prove him wrong: WGT announcing different tournament green speeds

• chuddlymccannon
    298 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2014 3:11 AM

So WGT announced a new speed back over 3 years ago.  I get that, maybe Dave does also.  from what I have read people are saying that there are "7 green speeds".  Dave does not agree. 

So I went to that thread and I will agree that it has "7 tiers" of players listed.  However, 2 of those are the same green speeds.

Here is a copy of the end of the message:

Last, but not least, the green speeds on WGT have been adjusted for the Legend and Tour Master Tiers.  The greenskeeper has been asked to tame his inner demons and save the championship green speeds for special events. Here are the general guidelines we have given the greenskeeper for regular play (actual green performance may vary):

Tier          Green Speed Stimpmetered

Hack               7.9

Amateur         7.9

Pro                  9.0

Tour Pro         10.0

Master            10.0

Tour Master    11.0

Legend            12.0

Who's wrong??

I have no clue......

HIS ideas where about helping people.

As far as YOUR ideas go I cannot say as to if he ever asked you to share YOUR knowledge.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2014 3:37 AM

Stimp 7.9 apparently is Standard green speed. There's still "slow greens" below that, and "Championship" is not shown as it was not used for "regular play" then (now it's Tour Legends' speed). Somewhere, Stimp 13 is noted for that speed, but I don't take these numbers too serious. Alas, common experience is that a higher number denotes faster greens in seven steps.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2014 11:36 AM

chuddlymccannon:

As far as YOUR ideas go I cannot say as to if he ever asked you to share YOUR knowledge.

If his idea was to help people and many much better players than him told him some of the things on his site were wrong then it looks like to me he would have at least tried to find out for sure. But for the most part when anyone disagreed with him all he did was go on attack mode. That includes the first day he posted about this and flooded the forum with 7 threads which is against forum rules. A player gave him a friendly warning that he could get in trouble for that. Did he thank him for the warning? No He attacked him and almost the rest of that 4 or 5 page thread was Dave attacking and belittling the player. How is that trying to be helpful??

• chuddlymccannon
    298 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2014 1:33 PM

borntobesting:

chuddlymccannon:

If his idea was to help people and many much better players than him told him some of the things on his site were wrong then it looks like to me he would have at least tried to find out for sure. But for the most part when anyone disagreed with him all he did was go on attack mode. That includes the first day he posted about this and flooded the forum with 7 threads which is against forum rules. A player gave him a friendly warning that he could get in trouble for that. Did he thank him for the warning? No He attacked him and almost the rest of that 4 or 5 page thread was Dave attacking and belittling the player. How is that trying to be helpful??

I got an Idea..... why don't these so called MUCH better players and WGT team up and just get rid of the whole subject then and ban the subject from the forum.

I haven't been here as long as most but from day to day I don't think this game knows how to maintain a green speed let alone tell u which one u are currently on.  I constantly have to tweak my calculations from course to course DAILY.

So i think it would be in the best interest to just ban the subject

have a good day

• ScottHope
    10,354 Posts
    Mon, Jan 20 2014 1:59 AM

Taking into account the number of people who posted appreciative comments about your hints & tips website, it's a little bit mean to remove the link to it, don't you think?

• localbistro
    237 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 11:59 PM

Dave, where Ican find your tips on the game?

Andrea

• ScottHope
    10,354 Posts
    Wed, Apr 9 2014 12:55 PM

Hi Andrea, unfortunately Dave's tips website is and has been down for some months now. I'll post the LINK but I don't hold out much hope for it coming back.

He may have created another site and transferred all the info to that because he put a lot of work into the old one an I'm sure he wouldn't have thrown all that information away.

RSS