Forums

Help › Forums

I'm retiring this account.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 3 2011 12:51 PM (116 replies)
  • CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 9:08 PM

In the past few days, I've made highly legitimate complaints about what WGT has done, but my complaints have been ignored.  Although I've not read the thread started by WGT staff about the new level changes, I do know that Bolloxi brought up my complaints immediately, and judging from the changes that were made, and judging from the fact that my solutions to the problem have been completely ignored, I can only assume that WGT does not intend to remove the overwhelming penalties that are being forced upon legends.

Once again, WGT has made the game that they've wanted to make, and they've shown little interest in fixing the problems that legends are facing, so I can only accept the changes that WGT has made and adjust my strategy in order to deal with those changes.

As such, I am officially retiring this account from RG's, match play challenges, and any other type of gameplay in which money is involved.  I won't even be playing practice rounds.  I'm starting a new account, and I'm doing this publicly so that I cannot be accused of trying to enter into credit-earning tournaments on multiple accounts in order to make more money.  I have no intentions of cheating, but instead, I am merely playing the game that WGT has decided to make.  I would normally just gift it a lot of sleeves of balls, but seeing as how new balls should be coming out within the next few months, I'd feel silly if I gifted 600 balls that will be considered inferior in a few weeks, so I am going to level the account up and gift it the new clubs & balls, when they come out and when the new account is high enough level to receive them.

Should WGT make further changes, reducing the penalties that are foisted upon legends to my satisfaction, I will ask that my new account be closed after gifting all of its credits to this one in the form of sleeves of golf balls, and I will announce in this thread that the CharlemagneRH account will be, once again, active.

Although this thread might cause WGT staff to do more work in the form of forcing the issue of talking amongst themselves about solutions to the obvious sandbagging problems, or otherwise being asked to make an exception in this case since I am not opening a second account in order to cheat, you have caused me to do far more work in order to adjust my strategy (leveling up a new account,) so it seems only fair that I should be able to ask WGT staff to do a small amount of work relative to what I am expecting to put in in order to adjust to your changes.  (I also could've just pretended that the new account was that of a wife, roommate, or friend, but I'm not going to do that, favoring an honest approach.)

This is the game that you have made.  There is no legitimate reason for blaming me for playing it to the best of my ability.  I'm afraid I can't convince myself to accept a 5-8 -stroke penalty for 9 holes.  I could accept a stroke or two, maybe even three, but not 5-8.  Also, I'm not at all angry about this, but if this is how it's going to be, then I have to adjust my strategy... that's all there is to it.

• TextMyPC
    232 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 9:31 PM

Agreed,

Although I'm laughing at the fact that I'm winning ready-go's with a 70 because 20+ other Legends withdraw instead of smashing their computer, I'm fed up.

I've got the best clubs, highest rank, blah blah blah. There's no enjoyment here any more even in multiplayer.

It's a joke, and I'm takin a long break myself.

TMPC 

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 9:36 PM

Bye!

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 9:58 PM

You get bumped back to the big boy tee's Jeff you may have another opinion!

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 10:00 PM

I am holding out final hope that by Tuesday WGT will see the errors in their ways. I just played the front 9 of SA and due to the winds could not reach the fairway on #2 and #7 holes. My hope is that WGT will leave the changes as is and back everyone down a tier to where they originally were and let legend become the new tier that all masters must achieve rather than having thrust upon them. This will allow them time to develop a new driver that is able to reach the green no matter what wind or condition that is generated. If not, I will be announcing my retirement of this account and joining him. I have spent at least $30 over the past 2 days trying to find what works, it doesn't. God I am pissed. Have a great Labor day! 

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 10:09 PM

CharlemagneRH:
    In the past few days, I've made highly legitimate complaints about what WGT has done, but my complaints have been ignored.  These problems could be fixed easily, and I've even offered to show them exactly what could be done to fix them, but WGT has not yet addressed my posts, so I can only assume that WGT does not intend to change much of anything in regards to the overwhelming penalties that are being forced upon legends.

Serious, they didn't hear your cries.  The tonnes of cries, by many, more legite then yours.   Ah poor me, I have to hit off the back tees, we all do, adapt.   Sorry for that, well not really!   

Secondy, why would the "self proclaimed KING" of Kiawah just disappear?

Cheers

P.S, WGT please with all that you can look for this guy when he tries to make a 2nd account for his lack of patience!

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 10:12 PM

b0geybuster:

CharlemagneRH:
    In the past few days, I've made highly legitimate complaints about what WGT has done, but my complaints have been ignored.  These problems could be fixed easily, and I've even offered to show them exactly what could be done to fix them, but WGT has not yet addressed my posts, so I can only assume that WGT does not intend to change much of anything in regards to the overwhelming penalties that are being forced upon legends.

Serious, they didn't hear your cries.  The tonnes of cries, by many, more legite then yours.   Ah poor me, I have to hit off the back tees, we all do, adapt.   Sorry for that, well not really!   

Secondy, why would the "self proclaimed KING" of Kiawah just disappear?

Cheers

If things stay the way that they are, I don't want to hear you crying when I'm shooting -8 to -11 in KIA RG's on my new account.

You see, unlike yourself, I have the foresight to predict problems before they actually happen.  I can still make money in RG's right now, but that's not going to last more than a week.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 10:14 PM

b0geybuster:
    P.S, WGT please with all that you can look for this guy when he tries to make a 2nd account for his lack of patience!

Aww, look who's complaining now... trying to get me banned for merely adjusting my strategy?

You're cute when you whine and throw fits.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 10:24 PM

I am not complaining, I dispise people that think like you.  Man up and compete as CharlemagneRH.   The complaint is for the lack of repspect for players like you that want to take the easy way out.    Seems like only one whiner here!

Cheers

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 10:26 PM

b0geybuster:
    I am not complaining, I dispise people that think like you.  Man up and compete as CharlemagneRH.   The complaint is for the lack of repspect for players like you that want to take the easy way out.    Seems like only one whiner here!

Cheers

Not whining at all, merely adjusting my strategy.

If you don't like it, that's fine... I don't mind you hating me.

RSS