Forums

Help › Forums

I'm retiring this account.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 3 2011 12:51 PM (116 replies)
  • marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 9:58 AM

I don't see the issue with people having multiple accounts.

After all, this game is BETA, and the testing of progression through the ranks for new players should be part of the BETA testing process.   Since players cannot reset their stats and tier, it's only natural to create a new account to test the tier progression system.

Otherwise, how would the new tier system be tested in this BETA software?   Magic?

• DuffyWaldorf
    286 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 8:39 AM

marioh:

I don't see the issue with people having multiple accounts.

Maybe if this was merely a game, but with credits for advancing tiers, multiplayer events, gambling...need I say more

Happy Golfing

Joe

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 9:34 AM

chipshotcharlie:
    This game is a joke, its a lisence to print money for wgt y

Wow, cannot believe what I am reading, what a 180 you have done

• PRBBLUFF
    91 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 9:52 AM

diarrhea midget fart goatse faced turd burglar

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 11:30 AM

there is no good reason for all this ranting.  you are voluntarily participating in a game that was invented by those who wanted to make money from persons who wanted to play golf on the computer.  if wgt choses to do something you do not like or that they have increased the diameter of their gouging stick this forum is an excellant tool to respond to those issues.....  to threaten your removal is so ludicrous, it has to be a joke..... no one could possiably believe that wgt is going to change things for one person or one minority group,  unless of course it will be a revenue producing move in the long run, or if they have a conscience, but when was the last time a business making a profit had a conscience.....get real, who but you care?     my 2 cents.

• gobbog
    150 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 2:30 PM

CharlemagneRH:

In the past few days, I've made highly legitimate complaints about what WGT has done, but my complaints have been ignored.  Although I've not read the thread started by WGT staff about the new level changes, I do know that Bolloxi brought up my complaints immediately, and judging from the changes that were made, and judging from the fact that my solutions to the problem have been completely ignored, I can only assume that WGT does not intend to remove the overwhelming penalties that are being forced upon legends.

Once again, WGT has made the game that they've wanted to make, and they've shown little interest in fixing the problems that legends are facing, so I can only accept the changes that WGT has made and adjust my strategy in order to deal with those changes.

As such, I am officially retiring this account from RG's, match play challenges, and any other type of gameplay in which money is involved.  I won't even be playing practice rounds.  I'm starting a new account, and I'm doing this publicly so that I cannot be accused of trying to enter into credit-earning tournaments on multiple accounts in order to make more money.  I have no intentions of cheating, but instead, I am merely playing the game that WGT has decided to make.  I would normally just gift it a lot of sleeves of balls, but seeing as how new balls should be coming out within the next few months, I'd feel silly if I gifted 600 balls that will be considered inferior in a few weeks, so I am going to level the account up and gift it the new clubs & balls, when they come out and when the new account is high enough level to receive them.

Should WGT make further changes, reducing the penalties that are foisted upon legends to my satisfaction, I will ask that my new account be closed after gifting all of its credits to this one in the form of sleeves of golf balls, and I will announce in this thread that the CharlemagneRH account will be, once again, active.

Although this thread might cause WGT staff to do more work in the form of forcing the issue of talking amongst themselves about solutions to the obvious sandbagging problems, or otherwise being asked to make an exception in this case since I am not opening a second account in order to cheat, you have caused me to do far more work in order to adjust my strategy (leveling up a new account,) so it seems only fair that I should be able to ask WGT staff to do a small amount of work relative to what I am expecting to put in in order to adjust to your changes.  (I also could've just pretended that the new account was that of a wife, roommate, or friend, but I'm not going to do that, favoring an honest approach.)

This is the game that you have made.  There is no legitimate reason for blaming me for playing it to the best of my ability.  I'm afraid I can't convince myself to accept a 5-8 -stroke penalty for 9 holes.  I could accept a stroke or two, maybe even three, but not 5-8.  Also, I'm not at all angry about this, but if this is how it's going to be, then I have to adjust my strategy... that's all there is to it.

Jeez...how many accounts does this dude have now??

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 2:34 PM

gobbog:
    Jeez...how many accounts does this dude have now??

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 3:13 PM

Your  (C' RH) opinions / suggestions / ideas / and whatever else you may "mention", write or rant to WGT staff / associates will fall by the way side and keep falling and falling and falling. Reading your threads / post / "stories" over these past couple of months have stirred up more waves and commotion than anything else. Reading over 2/3's the articles you thread - understanding them from an admin. veiw  are - well - quit frankly, Children stories.  Here's an idea - The time you spend responding  and or creating Forum threads should be generated into reality based material. Remember where you are C'RH - it's The Virtual World...ooooooo.  WAIT! Oh, forget it. Cheers! Thoughts and prayers man.....edge

PS: 42 - Chile PLEASE!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 3:23 PM

LMAO-OTE-funny post. If you only knew the history of this guy. At least he's entertaining in his absurdity-look how many people laugh at him and what he says. He's a character and a half and keeps it entertaining!  :-D

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 3:34 PM

overtheedge:

Your  (C' RH) opinions / suggestions / ideas / and whatever else you may "mention", write or rant to WGT staff / associates will fall by the way side and keep falling and falling and falling. Reading your threads / post / "stories" over these past couple of months have stirred up more waves and commotion than anything else. Reading over 2/3's the articles you thread - understanding them from an admin. veiw  are - well - quit frankly, Children stories.  Here's an idea - The time you spend responding  and or creating Forum threads should be generated into reality based material. Remember where you are C'RH - it's The Virtual World...ooooooo.  WAIT! Oh, forget it. Cheers! Thoughts and prayers man.....edge

PS: 42 - Chile PLEASE!

You fall off the wagon again, buddy?

RSS