Sun, Jan 19 2014 5:40 AM (31 replies)
  • ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 6:02 PM

opyeuclid:

And when Friends have a game together  ,

We all win .

Team OZ :-)

Miffy we've played MP and I'd have you as a parnter in AS any day ...  we even wear the same colors ;-)

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 3:22 AM

DaddysKat:

I'd love to partner with you Miffy ... a gals against guys type game.

Just know, I'm not very good ... ask Andy or Opy ... they'll tell you that I just can't putt worth a dang ... but I really love the game (and once in a while, I get lucky).

Wow KitKat! I would so love to be your partner! We would totally own the boys!

What course? I'm thinking Olympic front 9...

And duhhh you're right you're not very good...you're incredibly awesome! And it's ME that can't putt for toffee!

Yay! Let's do it!

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 11:01 AM

sweetmiffy:
    Wow KitKat! I would so love to be your partner! We would totally own the boys!

I played with Ren against the professor (Andyson) and the former troll (OpyEuclid) yesterday.  I think I only had to putt once ... fortunately I was only 7' away with no real break on the putt.  We got our backsides handed to us, but it was still a lot of fun!

I'm just out for the fun.  Nothing more ... (well, avoiding the loss of a new ball too).  There's so many great people on this site to partner with and have a great time with.  It's always a lot of fun, win or lose.

sweetmiffy:
    What course? I'm thinking Olympic front 9...

Anything ya want.  I'm just not real good on Oly or the St. courses.  Actually, I'm not very good at all ... Andy and Opy are just being nice and not confirming my claim at sucking at this game!  Maybe Luigi will attest!  Whatcha think, Luigi?

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 11:21 AM

Can you feel the LOVE here 2nite :)

Group hugs peeps x x x x

• Kilkenny13
    515 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 11:24 AM

mostly when i play an ALT Game I do it for fun. I try not to worry, but I do want to be of help to my partner as well, but had a few where it's like I wasn't even there, I played so bad. Myself I get nervous before I make a shot hoping I don't miss the ding to badly, LOL.. For me i't fun playing Alt shot game win or lose, it still fun.

Kk

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 11:44 AM

I am 411-527 in AS matches. What that means is I have had 938 opportunities to enjoy other folks company. Granted not all have been enjoyable. Some people want to be ugly and rude, that is why we have the forfeit option. Thank goodness I have not found any of these folks in a long time. If you don't play AS you are missing out on some real fun. Know who you are playing with an you can be yourself. Some of the ladies can be as colorful as the guys, just makes it even more fun. No need to be down right ugly but don't have to be afraid to let your hair down either. 

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 11:47 AM

DaddysKat:
    Whatcha think, Luigi?

I think we need to do the foresome.

pdxdriver:

Can you feel the LOVE here 2nite :)

Group hugs peeps x x x x

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 12:09 PM

ZioMio:
    I think we need to do the foresome.
    OMG,i am going for a VERY VERY cold shower now ;)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 3:14 PM

It' human nature that we all feel we're letting our partners down when we make a bad shot in alt. No-one likes to make a bad shot anytime but in alt there's that added disppointment.

BUT

WHO CARES REALLY?

I realised early on that it's all in your own head. Think about it, when your partner makes a bad mistake, how do you feel? Let down, angry, disappointed?? If you are like me the answer is no, of course not. It's a fun game between friends played for a bit of fun away from the grind of trying to chip away at your average or competing in tourny's.

I'm an alt shot junkie and the result doesn't matter to me much at all as my stats will testify.

Won - 1945  Lost - 2193 

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2014 5:37 PM

exactly Paul .......

RSS