Forums

Help › Forums

Why I suck at Alternate Shot games

Sun, Jan 19 2014 5:40 AM (31 replies)
  • sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 11:51 AM

duffer19:

I Iike your tude miffy - my faults are feeling bad for letting my p down - so I tend not to play that format much these days - i do miss it - used to be my fav

Hey Duffer19!

maybe we should play a game and then I can make you laugh and you'll like playing alternate shot games again!

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 12:01 PM

DDRoss1:

Miffy, i those gentleman that have commented say you played well, then you played well as they are a respectable bunch of players and the kind of players you want to play A/S down. I too have cut back on my alt due to the same reasons as you do LOL. i have a fear of letting my partner down, now for me its only a game, but some people take that stat seriously and i respect that. So even as long as i have been a legend, as you can see in my stats, i dont play that much alt. You keep going at it, and i am sure before long you will be giving em a run for their money. And thanks very much for always seeming to have a positive attitude, makes me feel better about the game sometimes. You take care and have fun.

See? This is why this game rocks! Because of people like you!

I met another person at a country club I was in, and he's a fireman chief thingy and that is so awesome. See he said to me that he thinks he's weird cos he runs into buildings that everyone else is running OUT of!

I said "no, you're very brave and we should all give thanks that there are people like you in the world to look after us". It's like all the people in the US armed forces that are keeping EVERYONE IN THE WORLD safe! Now HE has a positive attitude and I am in awe of people that can do that as THEIR JOB!

Wow! Just Wow! All I can do is just try not to focus on the stupid stuff cos if I do then I'll be negative and that is so self-defeating.

Anyway, you're all awesome and I'm babbling (again!)

Hahaha!

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 1:54 PM

sweetmiffy:
    This has been worrying me for a long time. Yesterday I played with two of the greatest people here, Ren and Andyson plus another person who I haven't met before but who seemed VERY nice.

Since I've never played with Ren before, I can't speak for him, other than I think he's way cool and I'd really like to someday.  I have played with the professor, and he does have a great game.  I was fortunate that I had a bag of VEM poo in my bag, and while Andy wasn't looking, I smeared a bit of it on his wedge grips!  (Thanks, VEM, without your help I probably would have lost that match).

In all seriousness, Miffy, AS is just fun.  I love to play AS with the guys ... I tend to talk a bit of smack just for fun.  To me, it doesn't matter who won.  I always try my best, and yeah, it is fun winning, but if your with a great group it really doesn't matter.  Just have fun and enjoy the company!

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 3:22 PM

+1

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 3:27 PM

I love AS games and my stats mean -0 to me. The game was a hoot, I made some good shots and some bad shots. That is real golf to me. We had a good time, chatted and Sid got to meet her Sweetness. What better could you ask for. I enjoy all who will accept a game for fun. It has been a long time since I have played an AS and someone was nasty. Shows great hope for this game.I will be green after dinner, let's have a hoot and get to meet each other. If we lose we lose, if we win then wahoo, whoopied do and so on. Let's just have some fun.

Renni-Squirel Nutz-Blind Squirrel-Old School-Who gives a hoot-Rich.

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 3:53 PM

Hey wait everyone! I don't care about my stats! I just care about not letting my partner down.

I do know that A/S is supposed to be about fun but it's also about trying to do your best. Well I think so anyway.

I love the mad stuff that people say and I love watching people do shots and I go "huh, why did you choose that club/shot?" And then they get like 11 inches from the hole. Hahaha!

I love this game!

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 4:18 PM

We need to get a game again Milfy.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 4:52 PM

I'd love to partner with you Miffy ... a gals against guys type game.

Just know, I'm not very good ... ask Andy or Opy ... they'll tell you that I just can't putt worth a dang ... but I really love the game (and once in a while, I get lucky).

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 4:54 PM

You never let me down for a second. You played with heart and class and that is what I want in a partner. 

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2014 4:57 PM

And when Friends have a game together  ,

We all win .

RSS